I've had a UTI on and off for about 5 weeks, and it has been miserable at night. I used to have severe anxiety when I was younger, it would trigger panic attacks and I would never get sleep for years. I had gotten past that for years now until I developed this UTI (probably from holding in urine so much). I took antibiotics for it for about 5 days, but didn't finish my prescription because I felt fine. 2 weeks later it comes back. I'm currently on a 14 day prescription right now and am about 6 days into it (taking 2 per day). I just want to know if there is anything I can do to prevent my anxiety from returning and not having panic attacks worrying about my UTI. It always feels like I have to pee before bed, I never actually pee that much, but it's to a point where I worry just about going to bed every night, it's miserable. If there is anyway I can do so I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Carter,

What are your worried about?  Try to identify that and resolve the issue.

If you're worried about wetting the bed there are options.  You could get adult diapers until the UTI is resolved.

Make sure you finish all your medication.  If you don't, as you found, the problem often comes back worse than before.

Good luck.

Hello medic-dan, I suppose my biggest worry is that the UTI will not go away, and affect me when I go to college in a couple months, and bring back nighttime anxiety like I had some years back. I know that UTI's are common, as well as treatable, but I just want to make sure there is a way it will go away and stop bothering me at night so I can get some sleep. I for sure will finish the rest of this prescription so hopefully the problem will go away.

Carter,

Taking the medication EXACTLY as directed will help you get over the UTI as soon as possible. You need to follow the directions with antibiotics very carefully.

It WILL resolve. Good luck.