if i soak my hair in vinegar for four hours along with henna will it harm my hair?
thank you.

Don't know about the henna part, but you can safely use vinegar on your hair, just make sure you dilute it. Although plain white vinegar will work just fine, Apple Cider Vinegar seems to be the favorite hair care vinegar.

Mix your vinegar at about 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar to 1 cup of water.

Hello sammyygirl,

I think that four hours of soaking your hair in vinegar, henna or not, might not be the be the best idea ever, mainly because vinegar is acid and if your hair is exposed to even the diluted vinegar constantly for this long, chances are it will get dried up or damaged. Not to mention that the hair would get drier and drier the more times you do this.

It’s true that a tablespoon of diluted vinegar, massaged into hair and washed out, will do your hair good, especially if you use natural, apple vinegar. But I’m not sure that you really need to use vinegar for this long with henna because usually the effects are there much quicker.

I just want to ask a question? If I have a dry scalp, is vinegar can help to prevent from drying and make it healthier??