I was told by my uncle that walking slow makes you lose weight more than walking fast. It does not sound right, does it?

It doesn't sound right to me. I know for a fact that running is better than walking, so fast walking should be better than slow walking.
What is the explanation that lies behind your uncle's statement?

Hi there,
I like the idea of walking to lose weight. However I am not sure about slower walking and more weight lost relation. I think your uncle was wrong here. Have you tried this? I think the best option is combination of fast and slow walking. This way you can give your body time to rest and you will have more endurance. Also diet is very important, and with proper diet you could lose enough weight. How long do you walk? I usually run and I like to run from 30 to 40 minutes. I think you could do fast walking at least an hour a day. That will burn enough calories per day.

Good luck.

I think your uncle is right about that