I’m 13 years old. I'm a girl and I’ve been feeling this way for over a year now. It seems like I go through periods of extreme sadness. I’ve never done something like this before so I’m not sure how this will work but can anyone tell me what teacher are required to tell your parents. Mine are very religious and they blatantly don’t believe in depression and I know I shouldn’t self diagnose but I think that’s wht I have. I’ve been trying to tell my teacher for a while but I can never bring myself to out of the fear that my parents will be angry or disappointed and I honestly won’t put it past them. Lately I’ve just been tired. Tired of everything and the suicidal thoughts weren’t this bad before since I could keep them at bay by cutting but now that just doesn’t seem like it’s enough. I want to tell him because he’s the only person I trust but what’s the point if I’m not gonna get help because of my parents? Anyway back to the point. Does he have to tell? Can I convince him not to? And if I do kill myself and he did know can he lose his job? 

Hi

Sorry to hear that you have been struggling with these feelings.
The main thing is that you get the help you need and deserve you don't have to deal with this on your own.
There is help available and it is ok to ask for it and accept the help offered.
Your parents might not understand what you are dealing with but no doubt they would want to make sure your safe and get the help you need.

If your school has a counselor it would be a good idea to speak with him or her.
Since your 13 any professional will be obligated to report what you tell them and honestly that is a good thing because it will be the first step towards getting the help you need.
You can also call the kids help phone in your area there are most likely numbers on your local hospitals website.
If needed you can also go to your local hospital or call emergency services.
It's great you have reached out on here and recognized that you need some help that's a great start.

Now it's time to get the help you need and deserve talk to your parents and tell them what you have been going through.
Don't give up there is help available for you.