sorry but made it works,i guess that only works for certain people,but thanks.

I've got the same itchy cough. I had all the same test with no reason for it @all. The doctor won't even give me cough syrup, which I got from the ER and it worked.

Me too my throat is constantly itchy and it kinda feels like there is dry stuff in my throat and it makes me cough and when I breath in through my nose it is more itchy. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME, REALLY DISTURBS MY SLEEP

Hey I was smoking when I inhaled something and now its in my throat and I'm completely fine but I can't cough only when I push down on my throat under Adams Apple . how can I solve this at home that might work _?

Went through the same thing for more than a month.  Was happening every January.  Finally treated the symptoms as follows and it helped stop the cough after about an hour, so I was able to stop re-irritating and heal:

1) promethazine DM syrup to stop the cough and itch

2) Tesselon pearls (benzonatate) to numb the lungs to also stop the itch

3) saline spray

4) nazonex spray

5) a little Vicks vapor rub in my nostrils every half hour or so.

Sounds like overkill, but it was the only thing that fended it off and made me able to function.Luck, all!

I've been battling this same cough now since July 2013. I've had numerous tests performed, given multiple meds in some kind of attempt to alleviate my discomfort but to no avail. The cough always returns even more potent than before. Allergy meds(prescribed & OTC) no longer help, inhalers never helped, very strong acid like Pepsi or Coca Cola provides very temporary relief as it stings the tickle in my throat. I cough so hard that I get immediate headaches, I projectile vomit, or feel as if my throat is in shreds. I'm beyond miserable. I'm considering an all organic lifestyle...maybe it's because of the food that I've been buying. Idk

I have the EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS. I have been on Prilosec for years so it has nothing too do with acid reflux I have an t Monday May 4th. With an ENT Keep in touch and I will let you know what happened Oh! ...MENTHOL COUGH DROPS GET RID OF THE TICKLE.FOR AWHILE. I've been eating them like crazy.

Oh my gosh you explained my throat tickle to the tee !!!! what can I do..I have it happen so bad I run outside for air afraid im goona choke to death..And if I am driving the car I have to pull over. Strong cough candies help but now my tongue is very sore.What can I do to get it to go away. The last month it is worse than ever.

just tried this:) wow it does taste bad haha but it really helped

Have had for years. Feels like a popcorn seed scin

My tickle is exactly the same as yours, it comes on suddenly, it makes me cough really hard. It can then disappear as quickly as it came. my throat can feel quite swollen due to the periodic persistent bouts of coughing due to this sudden itchiness. its worse at night, I am writing this at 3 in the morning, looking for some answers on the net, came upon this forum. have had an x-ray, all clear. Antihistamines only relieve for very short periods, not the answer I feel. What is going on ????? Like you, this has gone on night and day for 4 months now . I cough so hard that I pee too and my eyes water. my nose is clear, little mucus just a very sudden itchy throat . chest does get tight and I do feel wheezy at times.

I was just researching what may be the cause of the sudden tickle in my throat, and I stumbled upon some awful possibilities, like parasites/ worms. It can happen, and is more common than you think, fellow medium rare-rare steak eaters.

all of the above!!!

I've had this for quite some time. I went in to the ER once when I was pregnant with hot/cold sweats and asked my dr about it and she said it was caused by heartburn which is complete bs cuz the only time I get that violent cough is when I'm sick. Ive scared my coworkers cuz I go into a coughin fit and have to run to the bathroom cuz sometimes it gags me and its just plain embarrassing. Wish I knew a cure for It. My fiance has even been freaked out by it and feels so helpless.