Hi. I have the same problem. I think almost 3 month. How do you recover the cough ?

Been a few years. I fix it by filling my mouth with water and trickling bit by bit slowly down my throat over the itchy spot before swallowing. If you do this be careful and don't choke. I read something about it being caused by either too little or too much mucus being produced.

I've read so many boards qnd even talked to people that have the Same problem. Exactly the same. No one seems to know what it is . I've had it since my teens. It happens about once a week. Im still alive and well, and I don't cough, I just hold my breath and deal with the one watery eye.

Wanting to know if you got any help i have the same thing for months now help?

I'm going through the same thing. It started when I found out I was pregnant last year. My baby is now 5 months old and the itchy throat/cough are still here. No one knows what it is. I've had CT scans, xrays, blood tests. I've seen an allergist, ENT, and a pulmonologist. I'm afraid this is going to kill me. I cough until I can no longer breath sometimes. Please some help me!!!

Add another to the list.  Mine started just over three years ago, strangely enough just a few months after I quit a 30 year smoking habit.  Doctors have x-rayed my chest to ensure nothing there, prescribed antacids thinking it was reflux, antihistimines in case it was sinus, and so far nothing gives relief.  I will say that when I am affected at night, gargling with strong mouthwash (listerine) works - I have to actually drink a small amount to ensure it coats my throat.  Physical activity staves off the symptoms, so asthma doesn't seem to fit.  Eating, especially dry or sweet foods, is a real challenge sometimes.  Like others, I can find no clear pattern of cause... I just know it is ruining my life.

I was beginning to think I was crazy. I have been sleeping with a water bottle in my hand because I wake up with the terrible itching in my throat and start coughing. Only relief is water or throat lozenges.

Check your water! My husband got so sick with cough . Ended up it was the water! Had to boil it first before he could use it.

I have many of these symptoms however mine happens during sleep as I am laying on my back. I have to sit up to cough as laying down I will surely choke! Someone said it is only one side at a time and that is true for me to. I cough so hard I have to keep something near by for fear of vomiting. Someone mentioned allergic asthma and I have that once or twice a yeAR when I have bronchitis I was prescribed these tiny little balls I can't remember the name but they were solely for cough whicheck was horrible it gave me headache, loss my voice, was hard to eat or drink as I was ALWAYS coughing but the his is different and scary

Im 6months pregnant.This itchy throat followed by vomiting has happened twice to me now in the first trimester then today.Im pegging it to me taking coffee then lying down or acid reflux which is common with pregnant women.

Eat a dill pickle or simply drink some water

"simply drink some water"
Thank you for your expert medical advice. I am not sure how so many of us overlooked that seemingly obvious solution. Thank you, thank you, thank you. The site administrators can now close and delete this thread, some anonymous troll has resolved our problem. Incredible.

I've had the same thing for years. Since I was young. I'm now 36 and have learned to cope. Small sips of anything immediately helps. As I drink I take small breathes through my nose. It helps. I tried to cough it out once but that's tough! It's definitely a scary feeling but if you have a drink close by it makes it easier to pass. Mine last anywhere from 2-20 mins. And usually only in winter season. I'm thinking the dry weather may induce mine. Hope this helps. I know the feeling. I've had anxiety over it cause I was once in the middle of a mall with nothing to drink in site, coughing and hacking. Scared me.

1. it causes snitch in the throat more when laying down its because of the acid that backs up from our stomach. To help solve this problem, first, eliminate foods that causes too much acid. 2nd, remember! It takes 4 hrs before food gets digested. So eat early and make sure 4 hrs had passed before going to bed. 3rd, you can take antacid as stomach prophylaxis.

Help! Me too I have not sleep for 4 night now I am so tired.