PLEASE REPLY TO MY MESSAGE BELOW.

That's exactly what I do! I googled this itch that makes you cough to see if anyone else goes through it and OMG I HATE IT SO MUCH. I hate throwing up but it just makes me gag when it happens. So gross. I want to know why exactly I/We get this itch! :/

My throat itches only at note I'm constantly taking allergy meds and throat spray I'm very tired from this problem . what can it be I've changed meds and pillows curtains and so on ?

try apple cider vinegar in water. It is really good/ Sip it.

The same exact thing happens to me. When I'm in the middle of talking or if I'm just laying down. A little tickle in my throat on the right side and if I ignore it I can't breathe. To get rid of it I have to hold my breath or drink a ton of water. It happens way too often and its scary because I talk on the phone for a living. No doctor seems to know what it is and it's making my life hell

Same here, I am fed up with it. I am thinking it must be an allergy to something, but it has followed on from a bad cold but that was over 8 weeks ago

Thought I was the only one! Earliest I can remember having a coughing fit was when I was 5. 21 now and always have a coughing fit that leads to gagging, vomitting and sometimes gasping for air. It can be worse and night or worse when I'm in a warmer room. Never been to the doctor for it because didn't think it could be stopped.

I started having this years ago, it usually happens at the tail end of having a cold. I feel that weird feeling in my throat and I know the cough and choking is coming. Can't stop it. Except it seems to have gotten worse this time, I start to pee, or vomit. The cough doesn't really seem to be the problem, it's that itch or tickle, the coughing relives it. I used to take a sip of water and it would stop, but that doesn't work anymore. It only lasts about a minute, and I never feel like I can't breathe. It's horrible when it happens in public. Had it in the bank once, store, in front of company at home! Very annoying!

I can really relate to this! So many childhood memories are of coughing and coughing. Every time I'd get a cold, it would end in a cough, sometimes lasting for weeks. I remember missing 4 weeks of school at one time. I had my tonsils removed when I was 5 and Drs. thought that might make it better since I had sleep apnea. Its not allergies because it only happens after I have a cold and cold symptoms are almost gone. Then the itchy throat happens... I'd cough until my throat was so sore! It hurt to cough, but the itch doesn't stop. I'd cough until I'd gag and vomit. I'd cough until tears were streaming down my face, but I couldn't stop. Dr. would give me inhalers, I'd use a nebulizer 24 / 7, nothing helped! A few times I ended up in the ER simply because I couldn't stop coughing. They'd take chest x-rays... nothing! Usually I'd have to take steriods (prednisone) and a z-pack before it got better. The only thing that triggers it for me is getting a cold. My Dr. called it a cough variant asthma, but I'd never get a tight throat. I can breathe fine, but every breath (especially a deep breath) tickles so bad I have to cough. Eating ice and drinking cold water helps soothe the itch for a little while, but it always returns. Being in a warm room makes it worse. Its better since I'm older but it still happens when I get a cold. My dad and brother have the same problem. Its so bad that I don't know if I want to have kids because I'm afraid they'd have to go through what I did.

I had this too.
It was silent reflux.
Gets worse again when you have a cold.
I drink apple cider vinegar with honey before meals and changed my diet to reflux diet. Dr Jamie .

Hmmmm....I have acid reflux too (is there a connection?) and the annoying ...choking cough. My cough started about 4 months ago after I had a sinus infection and has yet to go away. I start coughing later in the day and it gets progressively worse, resulting in chocking. Drinking water helps. Also, I found that cough drops help. Good to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm going to try the tea tree oil. If that doesn't do the trick, apple cider vinegar.....I would love to rid myself permanently from this...so aggravating

Apple cider vinegar it has helped so far

I too have this annoying cough. It's like a hot sauce stinging on the left side. My eye waters on the same side. I cough so violently that I have to cross my legs to avoid peeing on myself. I get stuffy in that nostril, and I have to blow the left side of my nose immediately. It is a sudden feeling and it affects me at night. I have been dealing with it for 2 months now. I have had my esophagus looked at and everything is normal. I have not been to an ENT, but what I did that helps was gargle with Lidocane oral rinse. It has worked so far, but I still need to see a specialist as there has to be an explanation behind this sudden annoying tickle coughing fit!

I actually wanted to add to my post now that I'm signed in. This cough seems to affect me more when I'm at home. I have only had one attack that I've noticed, at the store, since I started paying attention. I have been reading a lot about Sarcoidosis & laryngeal sensory neuropathy. This is a nightmare. I am a 35 year old female who just had two babies back to back ages 2 and 1. I started having pain under my breast bone so my doctor had me get an endoscopy done to rule out acid reflux & GERD. They noticed on an ultrasound I have calcium build up in my kidney. I also dealt with having Muscle Tension Dysphonia in August 2015. I had got Pneumonia back in 2013. Also when I was pregnant I had a clogged Eustachian Tube. I'm not sure if any of this is related to this problem, but maybe if we share history we can figure this out. I do feel it could be an ear throat thing, but I'm so unsure. Like I said before I need to see a ENT, but I'm nervous they will see nothing wrong like so many of you have heard before. I am currently being treated for a sinus infection but I only had sinus pain and lots of mucus only on the left side where the tickle is. Just like so many of you I have a burning or sting sensation before the cough then water pours from my left eye. I get congested in my left nostril then have to blow my nose. I also have to clear my throat a lot lately. When I am finished coughing due to the attack I usually have a few less violent cough which produce little phlegm but my bronchial tube burns on the left side. I am so desperate for an answer. Well please keep me posted. Good luck everyone!

Hummmmm!!! I don't know if it's a Coincidence but what your saying could be accurate, my problem didn't start until after I ate a Banana,thanks for sharing.