Hi I have the same problem. Yes it is horrible I wake up feeling great and then it starts. Some nights are worse than others.  I get a tickle or a tingleing feeling only on one side of my throat only. Then the coughing starts, I cough and cough till I gag my face turns so red and my eyes water. It is horrible. It happens several times a day and in the worst places such as movie theaters (i have to get up and go to the bathroom) in church, at work. It started three years ago for me. I also have this issue with certin cleaners and purfumes. I dont have this issue in early spring or in winter. I am afraid I am going to pop a blood vessel in my skull if this doesn't stop.

ok may be that will be the reason, let me stop eating it so that,I can agree your suggestion.

I used to get this itchy feeling in my throat before I sleep. Made me cough violently. So annoying.... I started keeping track of what I ate during the day and noticed that it happened when I've eaten SWEET POTATOES. It is probably something in your diet. So keep track of what you eat.

If you're coughing so much you vomit, I'm pretty sure that is pertussis.

If you catch it early, antibiotics can help, otherwise you have to tough it out.

Just get your Tdap shots up to date to prevent this from happening.

If this itch doesnt clear from my throat soon I'm going to hurl a brick through the neighbors livingroom window. Seriously this is beyond annoying! Having an irritating cough like this is sending my temper off the rails. Fuckinnnnn ROarrrrrrrrrr.

Same here....This type of gagging cough only happens when I have a cold. Noticed it now the last three colds I've had. Aside from being annoying it is also embarrassing, not to mention scary ! Happened today at work. Sitting there working.... sniffling quitely...then it happens....sudden prick in the back of my throat, and it gets DRAMATIC. One eye starts tearing, nose starts dripping perfusely, every breath I take it gets worse and worse. Then finally (just as I think I am going to pass out) I let out this huge cough/gag....and it's over. I'm left red in the face, snot and spit all over with my wastebasket in my lap from fear of vomiting. NOTHING takes it away. You just have to deal with it. It's almost like you want to grab a pair of tweezers ad pluc whatever it is back there OUT....The only ONE thing that helps during the attack is trying your absolute best to blow your nose. A friend of my who was also a nurse told me that the feeling I have initially of that"prick" is actually just mucus dripping from the back of your nose into your throat. If you want the cough to stop, BLOW your NOSE. Hope this helps....until the next attack.....

Okay, so on Thursday, I had a fever and a little sore throat and a cough, but I always get that and then on Friday I just kept coughing and  coughing and I had to stay home again and then on Saturday we went out and I came back and I was coughing so much I was like going to throw up. I have no idea what it is, I've tried tons a NyQuil, (Gets me through most of the night) but otherwise I'm caught under what it seems like a coughing spell. Help me PLEASE!!!   :'(

HI FIVE MAN GUISE! My throat is super duper itchy that i just feel like cutting it open and scratch it ahah jk xD BUT ITS REALLY IRRITATING CUZ DRINKING WATER HAS NONONONONO HELP AT ALL:^( But you can try lozenges! I Think it works for awhile ahah;-) <3

Hi, did you find solution to your coughing problems it seems that I also have the same symptoms, I really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

have your dr. check for Stomach Ulcer. the Ulcers release gas that flows to your throat, I have the same problem. But I had some test ran and I'm on OXYBUTYNIN now I can get some sleep

you are nasty tea tree oil is poison

Actually, it depends on how much and how often (as with many things). I've personally used tea tree oil from Melaleuca Wellness since 2001, and have taken it internally a number of times through out the year from either gargling with it, swallowing a drop when having intestinal problems, etc. Not dead here. Now granted, I don't swallow 2 drops, I think that's a little much, but tea tree oil is a straight from nature oil that is a wonderful addition to any family's home. (I used it for mine and my son's ear infections, removing moles or small cysts over time, as a sinus nasal spray or in the NetiPot, on my developing scar from total knee replacement, etc etc etc)

Where can I get vermox?

hi are you finally cured???? im havin the same problem... help...

Something that has helped me is trying not to clear my throat and trying not to cough. Easier said then done.. I know. Plenty of water when it starts and an elevated pillow. I'm going to trying the tree tea oil. I think it is allergies/ sinus drainage.