If anyone can help me, it would be wonderful. I am a college student that only comes home when i'm on break. Right now its my summer break so my sleep schedule is very messed up and my diet is also completely different then from school. About a month ago, i decided to shave a little of my pubes near the butt area and a little on the lips of the vag and stopped when i thought it felt like i cut myself........but there was no blood. After this, the left lip of the vag has felt slightly itchy. After about 2 weeks, it stopped bothering me altogether. However, a week or 2 later, it started bothering me again a day before my period came. Now that my period has come, the left lip no longer itches, it just burns whenever it is rubbed or has contact with the pad I am using. Does anyone know what I can do to make it feel better and what it is that I have? I am sexually active, but have not had sex in almost a month. I always use condoms and I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and I have only had 1 yeast infection this past december. Other than that, I have never had any other problems in the past. I am also my boyfriend's first girlfriend, so he has never had sex with anyone besides me. If anyone can help me, that woudl be greatly appreciated!

Skin irritation can be caused by many things. Could be due to you shaving or a reaction to a chemical you use down there.

thank you, i told my boyfriend about this and he was wondering if it was herpes or anything else, is there a possibility? oh yea, we don't frequently have sex, its usually once every couple of weeks, and some times once every maybe a month or 2

Only a doctor can tell you if you have herpes or any other STD. If you and your past partners have been tested STD free then I doubt you have herpes.

Don't scratch it, scratching will only further irritate the skin.