I developed a dry itchy rash in a shape of the patch on my forehead several years ago. I’ve been treated this rash with sulfur ointment, but it has never been completely cured. And it is worse during the winter and after shower. What can it be?

I have developed over the last 10 years a red itchy rash on my forehead. The rash comes and only partially goes, and is now getting a lot worse. I never had Eczema, unless this is one. Perhaps this is rosacea? Maybe I should try with sulfur too? I would be very grateful for any treatment suggestions. I have tried various creams already.

hey, well two weeks ago I had real bad bumps on my forehead and by my hairline I tend to breakout a bit but this was to much. They looked like cluster of bumps and they were ithcy and red. I went to the dermatologist and she said a had ezcema which was kind of weird cause no one has ever told me that plus she did not even really check my face she just sat there and gave me her diagnosis anyway she gave me some pills and like three kinds of vitamins and other stuff for me to drink plus she gave me a cream for the night and one for the morining the night cream was erythromycin/ doak tar and it smelled so bad anyway I tried everything she gave me but i did not see any improvement it seemed i was getting worse I was still itchy and I still had alot of bumps on my forehead. Well I was so fed up with the stuff the doctor gave me beacause after a week I was still itchy and my bumps seemed reder. I finally decided to go to walgreens and I bought me a anti- itch cream for rahes it was aveeno anti- itch cream well the point is that I bought it and I used it that same night and in the morning I swear my itchy cluster of bumps werer almost gone. I could not believe it that here i was going to this doctor in down town and waisting so much money and in the end it turned out that this aveeno cream which is not that expensive was the one that worked.Since then the bumps have not return I believe it was a rash due to a cleanser I had been using previously. Well i'm just happy they are gone. :-D

Sulfur Ointment works really good for some things but this sounds like you may have ring worm, my grandson had it and the sulfur would not clear it up, I had to take him to the Dr and got an ointment that cleared it right up..

try using a ointment called clotrimazole it can be found at walgreens it's an antifungal cream 1 percent it is the less expensive ointment for anything like ringworm or foot fungal it takes like two weeks but it will work and if it's egzema then use a 2 percent ointment for cuts anything 2 percent will work fine i get it on my hands and it takes a week to get rid of i have gone to millions of docters they have no idea but these treatments seem to work for me i hope this helps you! xo

Hey Sallis,

I have the same exact problem that you have had. Did you ever find a cure for it to totally go away? I would greatly appreciate some information because I am experiencing the same problem.

This answer is CORRECT - it helped me when I was freaking the hell out!!!!