hello my name is laura if this is not the right forum for my post then i appologise a week or two ago i found a spot on the outer lips at the top of my vagina (sorry to be so graphic ) i have had simular issues and have always been told its a cyst by the gp this time it was a bit sore but gave it time to heal on its own incase it was just a cyst. this morning however its sore again its gone down insze but still there is it just a cyst or could it be something awful. i will be trying to see my gp next week but due to my job and my hours next week i may not be able to have the time i will try tuesday or wednesday.

Hi Laura: So the cyst is at the TOP of your vagina?!!! I at first thought it could be a Bartolin Cyst, but that is at the base and just inside.

Are you sexually active? And if so doe's your partner use condoms? Since you have already been checked by your GP he would have definitely taken a test for STD!

Due to the moistness of our vaginas, cysts and bumps pop up everywhere, we can get ingrown hairs, that quickly become infected! Blocked pores - such as the Bartholin Cyst.

Just thought of something, you mention it is at the top of your vagina and you outer lips, is it on the clitoris? If so it might just be an ingrown hair on the hood! We have hairs everywhere, and if you wax or shave that area, the hairs can suddenly go inward.

Was with warm water, and try not to use soap. Try a facial gel - like physioderm or spectrogel! Try and keep the area clean, and "Air dry" o.O Whenever possible.

IF you think it might be an STD, you need to go checke out at your local planned parenthood clinic. GP's might not feel comfortable in asking your really personal questions. If there is puss from it as well, that's not a good thing.

Anything that is foreign to that area, will be sore. ESPECIALLY cysts, or growths of anykind. Really talk to you GP, and please keep me informed. Good Luck Hon!

Are you sexually active? If so do you use any kind of protection? Well the best thing for you is to get checked by a doctor. This might be something serious. Does it itches? Does it hurt?

hello thanks for your rply it isnt on my clitoris and no im not sexually active. i will try and see my gp it was sore but i wasnt worried as i have had two cysts there before and it hasnt been a problem it started to go down but then started getting sore again on saturday i have also noticed that on my inner thighs i have a red itchy sore rash its quite sore and itchy it could be an allergic reaction to washing powder though as this flared when my underwear was washed in it.

hi thanks for relying im not sexually active and its not on my clitoris its on the outside i noticed it a couple of weeks ago and it wasnt sore i didnt panick cos i have had two cysts before and been checked out by gp and no treatment nessasary but this time it was sore started getting better went down in size then on saturday it was sore again but not itchy and another thing i have noticed is since saturday night i have had a really really itchy sore rash on the inside of my thighs and around the outside of my vagina

Hi Laura: That is definitely a reaction, or an allergic reaction. It is either one of the following, a BAD yeast infection - which I don't think it is, a type of Thrush - similar to a yeast infection, a reaction to your laundry detergent, nylon underpants instead of cotton, also if you bleach your underwear that can be terrible! I really think its your laundry soap or even your body soap. I am leaning more to laundry because it is now in your inner thighs! Try using a mild detergent and air drying your underwear. Also air is best for your vaginal area. If you think about it, it is covered in layers of clothing, it is warm and moist so a perfect area for rashes and infections to get started. I know Vagisil has a personal wash, always use unscented items. You might not have changed your detergent but all of a sudden you are having a reaction. I believe it is spectro gel, and ask your pharmacist for a wash used before surgeries - can not remember the name of it to sve my life!!! But that will lower the PH level for you and air dry! NO powders or scents OK? Good luck hon, hope this helps

hi this info really has helped i think this cyst thing is different problem to this rash i have to be careful what i wash in as i get eczema although that flares up when im stressed. going to see my gp mainly to get this cyst thing sorted although i will mention this rash i think you are right it could be an allergie and when i get hot during the day its not helping at all. i will let you know what the gp says thanks again :-D

Your welcome Laura, mention the skin wash for operations I know it is VERY gentle and antibacterial, since you mentioned excema could be to do with that too you know! Try and take in more Vitamin C and Omega 3 oils! Keep me updated and glad I could help you a little :-D

lausmokey thanks for keeping us posted on your situation and I'm glad to hear that youv'e decided to see your GP to figure out what's wrong with you. I'm sure that it's no big deal but it's best to find that out from a professional than to hear it from people who can't see what the problem is. Keep us posted on how it goes!

hi just come back from seeing the gp she said the cyst isnt anything to worry about its probably a blocked duct i said about the rash she said it could be the washing powder IM NEVER USING PERSIL AGAIN however other items of my clothing have been washed in it so maybe it was eczema i forgot to tell the gp that bit though but at least its nothing serious :-P :O XD

I am REALLY glad to hear that Laura. When I mention theBartholin Cyst, it is the same thing as a blocked duct! Just like a pimple!! I think I should have been a doctor!!!! XD ;-) I just can't stand the sight of blood o.O So I don't think i would have been too much help.

Also one other thing, use a liquid detergent - preferably a more natural/greener one! A lot of powder detergents have Borax in the - to make the water soften and give the clothes a bit moe oomph!!! This might really help your exczema too!! Also get unscented. Good luck hon!

Well it is very nice to hear good news. :-) And it is good that you have posted them so if somebody else has a similar problems, then it would be far more easier for them to get an answer.
People sometimes do not realize that simple things like washing powder can affect them so much.

Hi, I sorta have the same problem, this thing has been there for quite a while, I went to a clinic for a pap smear, because my boyfriend had chlamydia(sp?). Turns out I had it too, but I got treated for it. I asked then about this lump thingy on my vagina. She said it was a cyst and that it wasn't a big problem, that I could go to a gyno and get a mini day sugery, if it really bothered me. A few months later I got it checked out again at my family doctor, she said it was like a boil and just to take a bath rather than a shower, with soap and make sure it is clean. I really dont knwo what this is, it hasn't gone away, and i dont have a gyno, and I dont know how to get one or anything. Now its getting a bit painful, but not oozy... however I dont see how its possible for it to ooze, there is no hole or anything xD. Please give me some input.

(I am the guest who just posted) I decided to get an account to ask somebody myself lol. But if anybody wants to reply there too thats fine ^^.

Hi Chibi: I just answered your other post, don't worry you WILL get used to this!!! XD XD XD