Hi, I have a ten years old son. I try to do everything to help him with his problems. Sometimes, when I try to advice him about a certain situation, he is more angry than grateful for my help. When I was a child I had no one to help me with my kids' problems. That is why I decided to never let my child worry about any kids' problems, no matter how trivial they are. So can you tell me why is my son acting this way?

Hi, believe it or not, you have been raised much better than you thought. Whenever you were left to deal with your kids’ problems on your own, you were actually learning to deal with the real problems you encounter in your adult life. You might think that you are helping your son, but you are not. What you are teaching him, when you try to solve his problems, is that he will always have someone who will deal with his unpleasant issues instead of him. All you have to do, when your son comes to you with the problem, is listen. Try to ignore the urge to solve his problem. You will see that after a few days your son will probably come up with the same solution that you were going to offer him. And he will thank you for your help.