I had my gallbladder removal surgery on Friday and like everyone I was told it was a piece of cake. Well it is not! I noticed that I have this annoying little hiccup that I do sporadically. It is extremely painful. I can't stop. Nothing makes it better and nothing makes it worse. I was wondering if anyone else is suffering or has suffered from the same thing? It causes a horrible pain inside for just a short while. I can deal with the rest if the hiccuping would stop. Any thoughts?

I have had the same thing. I had my gall bladder removed 4 days ago and every time I eat I get the hiccups and know what you mean they are extremely painful especially because my insions are still new but nothing helps me either

This will happen for awhile as you recover from the surgery unfortunately because it is part of the gallbladder recovery but it shouldn't last for too long. I know that you posted this a day or two ago. Have you seen any improvements or anything or are you still suffering from symptoms? Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Does it have anything to do with sedation? I have minor mouth surgery today and now I can not stop hic cuping.

I had my gall bladder removed 3 days ago and still have the hiccups. The hiccups are one of the symptoms I originally went to the doctor for; the other symptoms were bloating and stomach churning. I did not have gall stones or any pain, but when the HIDA scan was done, it showed my gall bladder was functioning at 9%, so I had it removed before the pain! :-D

My father had continuos hickup and severe pain in right upper abdomon for almost three days along wiht naucia. Ultrasound CT scan and HIDA kind of pointed to inflammation of gallbladder which they removed through surgery this morning. For few hours post surgery he was ok but after that the Hickup is back once again adn it's as frequent as it was earlier before surgery.....

Any inputs.....

Drink a big gulp or two of water and whatever you ate that gave you hiccups fight fire with fire And eat a big bite of it.. but immediately after this, lay down and the hiccups should subside but take gas relief pills and they shouldn't be so painful... I have severe bruising and it hurts so bad so i sometimes turn to swallowing a tablespoon of sugar whole and dry no chasers until it's almost choking then you gasp Dow a big gulp of air then water and like magic gone! (carefully) these things have saved my life along with ice packs and a veggie and fruit base intake for majoriy of my meals Much love Nessie

Dear ms b i had my gallbladder removed a year ago noe still no better costant pain in same place between my ribs hiccups , sickness the pain is so sore some days cant eat due to it .

Just to add one of the comments: Yes Hiccups are common after GRS but could stay for ever. The method includes a perforation in the bellybutton area and could affect regions close to the pylorus.

I guess you mean xiphoid bone that is the  the one close to the end of the sternum  that is exactly where the perforation is made, it is relatively close to the pylorus 

I had my gallbladder removed 4 months ago. I still frequently get hiccups after eating. Thay are not painful any longer but I am certain they are related to the GB surgery as they are frequent now and did not occur before. Since hiccups come from spasms in the diaphragm, my theory is that some nerve is still somewhat sensitive. Anyone agree?

I just had my gb removed and I have hiccups, too. Sometimes it's caused by the CO2 they use in surgery and might go away.I hiccup every time I eat. My pharmacist said my doc can write a prescription for an antispasmodic that should help. It's still a week to my follow up appointment, though. Best wishes to us both!

I had mine removed over 2 years ago and I still do it. I think it has to do with acid reflux. No matter what I eat or drink I will do it ALL DAY LONG. I could do it and then not again for an hour or I could do it 20 times in an hour. It's pretty ridiculous to be honest. I thought it would go away but I don't think they ever will. I have only met one other person to have these "hiccups" and she only has them because she is pregnant and her prenatal vitamin makes her do it and has no idea why. My doctor said I have a spastic diaphragm..? But in the end I think it has to do with acid reflux. Maybe try over the counter pills to help

I had my gallbladder removed close to two years ago. I hiccup really LOUD all the time. First thing in the morning when I open my eyes and am still lying in bed, I hiccup. I hiccup before and after eating. Doesn't matter. It doesn't hurt. Just really obnoxious and LOUD. I hiccup up to 30 times per day. I actually counted. I have talked to several doctors and no one seems to be concerned. I do have stomach bloating and am trying to take off the extra weight. Hope this helps. Meanwhile, if you hear a loud piercing sound, that's me hiccuping!

Tablespoon of mustard helps but only for a few hours. Had my surgery today and my doctor told me to try it but if it worsens, go back to him. Go figure