I have a confession to make. It seems to me that it is much easier to admit this to people that I don't know what to admit this to my friends. Anyway, I have binge eating disorder for three years now. I have no idea when this all started, but I have it and I am diagnosed with it. So, three years after, I am really tired of living with this disorder. I want to get rid of it. I was trying a couple of times, but I failed. Now, I am ready to fight against this enemy. But, I need your help. Can I get rid of it for good?

Living with binge eating disorder must be a really hard experience. People usually believe that they are alone and that they can't be healed. That is a lie. You see, you have reasonable thinking about this. You know that you have a problem and you think about it, you are seeking for the solution for this problem. You are one step ahead. I am aware that you have a lack of control, lack of everything. It is not just about the food and amount of the food that you are eating, it is much more than this and that is why you need some professional help. 

Sure you can! Don't lose your goodwill because you will lose a weapon to fight this disorder. Also, you are not alone in this case. At least, not in here. But you need to find the best way to struggle it because it is almost impossible to wake up one morning and say - OK, now I have a will to stop this and I will. It is not possible. If people had more willpower, they’d stop bingeing is a complete lie because this disorder has nothing to do with willpower. Again, it’s a serious disorder that requires a professional treatment. Have you talk to anyone about this? 

No, I haven't. I was always weak when I needed to speak to someone about this problem. I want to but soon I just give up on this, because I believe that they will think that I am a sick person with some mental disorder and that I am freak, you know how our society thinks and behave as well. Well, I live in a very small country so maybe visiting a doctor in some bigger city, where no one knows me would be helpful. Also, I won't wake up one day thinking that I am strong to deal with this because I am not. I never had a good and strong will, so I won't have in this. At least, not alone. Tell me, are there some home treatments that I can do in order to see some progress? Tnx for helping me.

Sure, there are certain things that can help you. For example, you can spend more time with your friends, who can make you laugh and forget about the foods. You can spend more time outside, practicing, exercising, running, meditate, etc. Whatever makes you happy. But also, you should write some motivational quote and put it at some place where you will see it always. For example, "I am not a lost and alone, I am worthy!" When you read this, you will feel much better for sure. If you think that you should go out of your city to find a good doctor, do it. Do anything that can help you.  

Celebrity

Here are a couple of tips on how to get rid of this disorder. But first, I don't want to repeat what others told you, you should always consult your doctor about this. So, find it ASAP. People are making a mistake when they think that they will get rid of this problem for a week, two or three. That is not possible, so yes, it will take time for you to get rid of it. You know that you don’t develop disordered eating habits overnight, so you can’t expect to break them overnight as well. Maybe it sounds rough to you, but this is the only way for people to realize that they are not dealing with something that can wait. 

It is a huge mistake believing that something like this can go away over the night. My sister had this problem as well and we all believed that this will go away alone, that this is not dangerous at all. We were like - OK, she can stop eating whenever she wants to. But that is not true at all. It is much harder than you can imagine. She was struggling with this problem more than 2 years until we noticed that she really needs help. We were talking to everyone who can help her, it was a pretty hard struggle. She gained a lot of weight, she was down all the time and she develops a depression as well. You see why you should not wait. It is not just about eating huge amounts of foods. It is more than that. You need to move and find a solution before your condition gets worse. Good luck!