A year ago I was five months pregnant and I had to go to the ER because I was having pains so bad I couldn't walk. When I got there they would not do an examine after I asked. After having test run I was still in so much pain. They told me I had a UTI. They decided to call a Dr but they didn't call my OB they call another one from in town. She told them to give me a shot of morphine and send me home. I was still in pain when I left but they still had me leave. After getting home I managed to fall asleep for a little bit. When I woke up I noticed I had started bleeding. We went back up to the ER and they examined me and then sent me to another hospital where my OB was he asked me if I would like to go to another hospital to try to get a cerclage so I went. By that time it was too late. I didn't deliver until a couple days later. I was just curious if the ER Dr.s were suppose to give me morphine and just sent me home? Everyone that I have talked to about this says they shouldn't of and that they should of done a vaginal exam to check my cervix the first time I went to the ER. Can someone please answer my questions?

Hi Kaleigh,
First, I am sorry for your loss, I just experienced a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago. Yes, I believe if they knew you were pregnant, they MOST CERTAINLY should have done 1) an ultrasound 2) an exam on your cervix 3) take blood to check your levels of HCG. I believe that was very irresposible of them and should perhaps ask your doc what you need to do. I had a bad ER experience when I miscarried also. I actually delivered my baby into the toilet in the restroom of the waiting room 6 hours later with the heavy bleeding. Please be sure you follow up and find out what was going on.

Blessings and hugs,
Hizgrace

Thank you for replying. I have been trying for a year because when I got to the last hospital they pulled my mom outside of my room and told her that we should get an attorney. Not only did they not do any kind of exam to check my cervix but when I got to the last hospital I didn't have a UTI. I had no signs of one. It wasn't even a day later. Is there any way the Dr. can tell if you have a borderline cervix on an ultrasound?

REPLY TO : Kaleigh6

I highly recommend you file a lawsuit against the Doctors that poorly attended you. They did not give you what you needed. As Hizgrace4all previously stated, they should have indeed given you the following.

1) An Ultrasound. (To check up on Child's heart beat).
2) An Exam on your cervix.
3) Blood tests. (HCG Levels.)
4) Stuck you with IV's and made you stay over night.

You should have demanded to see your OB right away.