Hi. I am 28 years old. I have recently lost my job `cos of seizures. I have already applied for another job and I have an interview tomorrow. Should I declare my epilepsy?

Hi. Yeah, it is unlawful, but people can lose their jobs because of seizures. For people with well controlled seizures the choice is wider. Every day you meet with prejudice from your employers and colleagues. Did you know very few jobs are barred by law to people suffering from epilepsy? The choice is yours whether you will tell your future employers about your condition or not. I told my employers I suffer from epilepsy because I think they have to know about it. If you have a seizure during working hours, nobody will be able to help you if they don`t know what is going on. You can tell them once the position has been offered to you.