I am so upset about my life and having diabetes.  I lost my job because I went into a hypo and my boss freaked out about it.  She thinks that it is too dangerous to have me on the job if I am going to get "loopy" and not know what I am doing :(  Am I going to be able to get another job?  I have to work... I don't want to be on disability because of this.  Can anyone help me? 

I am so sorry to hear about your loss of employment over having a hypoglycemic episode at work.  Was your employer aware of your diabetes?  How long have you been on insulin?  I would think that your boss would be more considerate about your situation.  You should talk to them after going to the doctor.  You will need to show the employer that you have controlled blood sugars in order to convince them that you can be an employee they will not to worry about.  This can be done by having your doctor supply documentation to show that your sugars are controlled. That being said, I would consider getting another job just because your employer was not compassionate enough to consider your situation.  It could be verging on discrimination.  You should look at other employment just because of that. 

Has anyone else been fired because of their diabetic condition?  Was you able to get the employer for discrimination and get your old job back?

Wow, that sucks. I don't think diabetes should keep you from working. Just be up front about it and do whatever's necessary to keep your episodes to a minimum. Also, you probably shouldn't operate heavy machineary. Maybe talk to your doctor about some medicene new or updated...? If nothing's available or money is an issue, there's probably still something you can do, right? Like ybanks said, you're too good for that place! If they don't want you, you don't need them. It's prejudice and rude to fire you over one episode. Maybe you should consider talking to your ex-boss's boss; you might get a new job, or get your job back. Good luck getting a job! You probably want to worry more about unemployment rates.