Hi

I've got short and extremely straight eyelashes. Most lengthening and volumizing mascara brands I try don't really make my lashes look any longer. Thicker, yes, but not longer, even if they promise to lengthen the lashes! 

What I am after is your classic Bambi eyes look. Does my physiology just make that impossible? Or are there mascaras that will really help me out? By the way I have tried lash extensions and I don't like the way they feel on my eyes so please don't suggest those. Mascara suggestions only please. 

I am definitely willing to try high end brands that cost a bit more. 

Thanks!

For straight eyelashes, you will want to use a curler before applying mascara no matter which mascara you end up using. It really makes a huge difference.

I'd avoid using a mascara base, which is sometimes recommended, because they tend to be heavy and can undo the hard work you put into curling your lashes.

Cle De Peau Beaute The Mascara is often recommended for short lashes, along with Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini Brush Waterproof Mascara.

If you follow these tips you should achieve some good results. Give them a try!

Hello, I actually have very short eyelashes myself. I made a topic about it just like you! Some people there told me to use eyelash extensions, but they are a bit hard to put on at first. Then someone else told me not to use them because I could glue my eyes together. I considered this, it can happen. I'm not using eyelash extensions yet. That person told me that I should not put them on, only an expert should. He/she also said, to appreciate who you are. I think this is good advice. You might not be perfect, but you are beautiful and don't need to do extreme things to change your look. So I am just using a volumizing mascara now and trying not to worry about my eyelashes any more.

For short Asian lashes, try:

• Maybelline Volume Express The Rocket Mascara
  • Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
  • Benefit They're Real
  • Urban Decay Perversion

There are many Japanese brands out there that should help you out as well. I am not familiar with those myself but I bet some other people reading this thread could weigh in regarding those?

Like I said on Kitty Master's thread though, makeup should be for self-expression, to make what you have look better rather than trying to squeeze yourself into some universal beauty ideal that nobody can live up to because at the end of the day, we're all different. Short and straight lashes are beautiful. 

Hi

I am actually a mutt, Indonesian, Indian, African, and European ancestry. I doubt you can pin my short eyelashes down on some ethnicity, but I will try the suggestions you listed and hope they will have the effect I am looking for.

Short eyelashes are beautiful? Well, they are fine most of the time, but when I go out and I am looking for that wow factor, I definitely want something beyond what I've already got! I know lash extensions can do that for me, but like I said, I am not trying those again because they feel terrible.

I have never tried an eyelash curler but I want to. How do I make that work?

Well, I'm using the Loreal Voluminous Superstar Mascara and I like it for adding length. What you want to do if you have short lashes is to look for a lengthening rather than a volumizing mascara. This will add length to your lashes without making them thick and clumpy.

I also second the tip to curl your eyelashes if they are really straight. It is an old trick but it still works and doesn't take much effort.

Benefit They're Real has got to be my fave mascara. I'll say that I don't have particularly short or straight eyelashes at all, just average normal lashes (not grand either) and this is the best mascara I've come across by far. Since I tried that one, I've not gone back to any other simply 'cause it really does give something of that lash extensions look without having to go through the hassle of actually applying falsies, you know? You've got a small travel package of Benefit They're Real as well so if you're not sure I'd start with that one so you can try it out. 

-better than sex mascara - too faced
-grandiose mascara - Lancôme
warning: they will make your eyelashes suffer