Hi, I have a question. I am recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had total thyroidectomy and radioactive iodine ablation procedure done. Now I am always freaked out about abnormalities in my body. My lymph nodes (at least I think they are) below my belly (above the pubic region) are swollen and I can feel them when I slightly press into my tummy. Is that something I should be worried about or not? Thanks...

Did you ever get diagnosed with that being lymphnodes below your tummy, at the pelvic region ? That sounds like Uterine Fibroid conditions. please let me know what you and the doctor determined.

Hi there,
The cancer is definitely a cause of the swelling of your lymph nodes. The only strange thing is that your lymph nodes on your neck are not swollen. The tonsillectomy and the treatment with radioactive iodine must left pretty rough time for your body. You are not overreacting here. Do you feel any pain around the swollen lymph nodes? I think that this is nothing to be worried too much. This might be an reaction from your weak immune system after the radioactive iodine therapy. Your body needs time to regenerate cells and to put your immune system back on the right track. You will just need some rest and try to eat as healthy as you can.