My husband smoked marijuana for years. I heard that there was some chemical part of it passed though to our son though his sperm. My family is saying that they found something on this in the internet. But the doctor that I asked said there is nothing to worry about :'(

Hi, the only part of the sperm that is passed on to your son is the genetic material inside the 'head' of the sperm, this is not effected by cannabis use. What you have heard is most probably about one f the active ingredients THC, which has been shown to cause a decrease in seminal fluid volume and small changes in sperm motility (movement). Neither of these will effect a developing zygote in any way. The only effect this will have is a decrease in male fertility. On the other and smoking marijuana during pregnancy can cause active ingredients to pass to the developing child, the consequences of which are unknown at this moment.