I am 58 year old and just found out that I am allergic to milk. Is Citrical derived from milk? If so, is there an alternative supplement that you make for someone allergic to milk? Thank you!

This sounds weird, after 58 years of life you find out that you are allergic to milk?! How the heck did you find it out? Are you told that by the professional? What test did you take which showed that you are allergic to milk?
I know one fact about the calcium citrate in milk which is that citrical is the best absorbed form of calcium in milk, it can be taken on the empty stomach because it doesn’t require stomach acid to break apart. It is also good for older people who may have decreased the stomach acid production. There are also some calcium supplements that you should avoid, such as dolomite, oyster shell, bone meal which are naturally occurring calcium carbonate sources. They may contain heavy metal like lead, which, when stored in bones, could make serious health problems.
I’m wondering what happened to you when you have allergies on milk? I never heard that anyone had problems drinking it, especially not finding out in the late 50s that he/she is allergic to the product which is present in our everyday life. I would appreciate if you could keep me informed. Thank you.

Hi. Milk allergies are quite common, usually it is the lactose in the milk that causes the reation. You could try soy milks as an alternative for lactose intolerent people as they are fortified with all the goodies that you would normally get from milk