Melanie Boivin, 35, a mother of a seven year old girl with infertility problems decided to freeze her own eggs and offer them to her daughter when she is old enough to make decisions about starting her own family.
This would theoretically mean that the girl would give birth to her half-sister or half-brother if she decides to go through IVF treatment in the future.
The daughter has Turner's syndrome, an inherited condition that left the girl physically impaired but mentally unaffected. She suffered growth difficulties and heart defects as well as fertility problems.
Melanie, the mother, reported she was not thinking on forcing her child to use the eggs one day. She was simply giving her an option in case she decides to have a family. She feels she may be the best donor as other options would include a second-degree relative or a total stranger.
Ms Boivin had to undergo two cycles of ovarian stimulation and egg collection in which 21 mature eggs were frozen in liquid nitrogen. The procedure was done by the doctors from the McGill Reproductive Centre at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal.
This case represents the world's first known mother-to-daughter egg donation but does not require any new technology.
The only problems that may occur are possible ethical issues that the girl will in theory give birth to a half-sister.

Hello everybody! I do not write reviews very often, but today my soul asks me to write about the sore, or rather even very sore. About IVF. So, this method is to get the ovule from a woman. Get the sperm from the man, fertilize it all outside the woman's body, and the resulting embryos, if they are successful, are transplanted for 3 or 5 days (depending on the clinic) into the uterine cavity.The entire procedure cycle is called a "protocol". WHAT ARE THE PROTOCOLS. They are of different kinds, for example, a long protocol, a short protocol, eco in a natural cycle, this is when the egg matures naturally, and then it is taken right before ovulation and fertilized. I already had all kinds of protocols.In my response, I will describe my very first, and it was a long protocol:  First, the drugs block the action of the pituitary gland, so that the production of its hormones is suppressed - an injection is made. Then stimulate the preparations with the ovaries. PUNCTURE. Otherwise, it can be called a fence of follicles from the ovary. This is when an ultrasound transducer with a device for puncturing is inserted transvaginally (through the vagina) and all available follicles are taken out with the puncture of the ovary, and the doctor monitors everything on the monitor. So back to the day of the puncture. I was put in a ward, an anesthesiologist talked. Then they took me to the operating room, did an internal anesthesia, and I woke up already in the ward. I felt great, as if nothing had happened. In view of the fact that I have not grown enough follicles (only three), I did not have any ovarian hyperstimulation.During the time I was in the ward, I took the material for fertilization from my husband. And then a merry life began) It was necessary to live quietly until the next day to find out whether the eggs were fertilized. Then it was necessary to live three more days in ignorance, whether the fertilized cells develop). In general, it's fun, you go to yourself, and as if you were not distracted, you can not think of anything else. Usually replanting or third day or the fifth. It depends on how the clinic does it. Someone is raising embryos until the third day, someone up to the fifth. In the clinic where I did this the embryos were grown until the third day, respectively, the implantation was called for the third day. I was put in two good embryos of three-day-olds.