I have found yellow semi solid bits of foul smelling matter in my throat, near the vocal chords. Sometimes they appear lodged in the upper corners of my throat, or sometimes they simply fall loose and I can spit them out. They seem to excrete from some kind of gland. Im no doctor, Is this serious??

No. I have them, and most poeple who post here on the forums have them too. It's just something that happens. I cannot recall the name of it, but if you do a search, you can find a thread where people talk about these things in your throat. Does that put your mind at ease?

hi i have this problem to its nothing to bad they are actually called tonsil stones just do a google search and theres alot of information about them..hope this helps..

This all is a symptom of a flu or cold. Respiratory infections are one of the main causes of mucus in the throat. If you have an allergy you will also experience this. Are you using any kind of medication for this and how long is this condition lasting? I know when I have problems with my throat I can expect to get the clod in day or two so I try to prevent it by boosting my immune system.
Are you smoking? I know that people who smoke a lot of cigarettes can have a lot of complications with their throats and of the too much mucus that is bothering them and giving them hard time to breath.
Good luck,
Danella