is there anyone to tell me if lifting weights is good for weight loss. I actually want to lose some weight and I have recently started with my running trainings but I was advised to combine running with lifting weights training for weight loss. I am pretty much confused now for I always thought that lifting weights is not related to weight loss but to making muscles bigger and I don’t want my muscles any bigger so how come that lifting weights could work for weight loss?

Well it is not like you are going to lift heavy weights it is just about lifting small weights and lifting weights in combination with some cardio training could lead you to some weight loss though I don't know I was fat and am pretty much satisfied with my cardio trainings, I do regular aerobics 4 times per week and am more than satisfied. I have also tried with lifting weights but I somehow don't like it though if you want to become stronger than it is a good choice. My coach is lifting weights also and he claims it is good for weight loss but also for strengthening the hearth but if you ask me those who lift weights looks kind of a fat and ugly. I prefer that aerobic muscle and think that cardio training is just fine if you want to lose weight.