Four years ago I had a breast augmentation. I was extremely small and went to a full C cup. I got scar tissue immediately and didn't massage my breasts as much as I should have. Now I can feel the scar tissue getting worse and I have rippling. When I stretch in the mornings it is painful on the sides of my breasts and feels like the skin is being stretched super tight due to the scar tissue!! What do I do? I can't afford surgery right now. I went to my surgeon and he suggested I get new implants due to the rippling but that was it. I haven't had children yet and am nervous that when I get pregnant, I am going to have major pain and issues from the scar tissue in my breasts. Any suggestions?!

Hi honey! That sounds like keloids - thickening of a scar tissue! IF I were you I would buy an oil - something like Bio-Oil, it is VERY light and easy on even really delicate skin! So when you are in the shower or a bath, pour about a tablespoon of oil into your palms and really massage the entire breast - but focus on the are where the pain is! When you feel a bump or a ripple use your fingers together (like you were pinching all your fingers together) and press firmly on the scar tissue to remove any tension and build up! I have a feeling that your surgeon made you too big for your breast tissue to handle - did you have to wear a skin stretcher before? Regardless of if it was too big or not, you are still left with this pain, so - just like our shoulders and backs etc. - we also need to get those "knots" out of our breasts! After you have massaged the oil into your breasts step out of the shower and just dab dry - this traps in the moisture and gives more elasticity to your skin! Also IF you smoke or drink lots of caffeine, you REALLY need to stop or at least dramatically cut down! These 2 things have been proven to cause more breast problems - including keloids and cysts - can also cause poor healing after operations (which I think is one of the other factors that you have been experiencing)! Please let me know if this works for you, just treat them gently - perhaps wear a cotton bra to bed, so they don't get stretched more or your role on them etc. This ALL helps with your nerves and muscles! I hope this helps you, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask away! Good luck and health!