There are many stretching exercises which sportsmen use to extend their muscles and to avoid injuries. I would like to know something more about when these exercises may be used and which the best way to practice it is. Also I would like to know if stretching exercises may be combined with warming up exercise.

Hi, stretching would be combined with warming up and there is no doubt about it. 10 to 15 minutes of warming up has to be done always prior to stretching. Off course stretching exercises must be different for different sorts of sports. Basketball players would use more stretching exercises for arms and shoulders while soccer players would focus on their legs and lower part of the body.
Anyway stretching is unavoidable part of every sport no matter if someone is amateur or professional.