My 5 and a half year old son has never been able to do a poo in the loo unless naked, whenever he has pants on he always does it in his pants, benn to docs numerous times and they say he will grow out of it.
he is now getting called names at school because of it and often doesnt say he is dirty until you ask him, he is quite happy to sit in dirty pants all day!

I am at my wits end now and find it really upsetting, tried reward charts, taking toys away, ignoring it, shouting! nothing works, he says he doesnt feel it coming?

Oh my god...my little brother has been doing the same thing ever since he was old enough to go on his own. He will sit in it all day also. Although our doctor told us it was because of his weird eating habits of only eating, things like cheese sandwiches, cheese alone, McDonald chicken nuggets and fries, candy, junk, ect...he doesn't eat red meat and doesn't eat real chicken, only the processed kinda. And he has abnormal bowel movements. Like gigantic bowel movements. And he will go in his pants and not tell anyone. And he is fine with all of the family telling him he needs to stop and take a shower. And he's 14 years old. Although we've never consulted a doctor on any kinda of behavioral issues because of it. We just figured he would grow out of it. And he stopped for awhile, but then went right back to it. It was like he was too lazy too. Or when he was young never realized what to do. I know I don't have the answer to your question. And it's not exact, but quiet similar. I just wanted to let you know your not alone...-Jill

yes, same with my 5and 1/2 years old too.