Hannah, you do have to also include yourself in this relationship. It's nice to be "needed", but what about you? I've been through this, and it has been like continually running myself into a brick wall with my schizophrenic boyfriend (he never told me he suffered from it, but explains his lack of hygiene and a worsening poker face, lack of emotion and energy); so, just be careful, and it's wonderful that you are standing by him and helping him out. Just don't forget about yourself.

My boyfriend has schizophrenia- I have been with him for over 2 years. Recently, he violently attacked my in his "sleep". He thinks he was dreaming, he was in a phycosis. I have never been so scared in my life. I had to tell him 4 times that I was his girlfriend- not someone or something else... Unpredictable

I am 22 and my boyfriend is in a psych ward the past week and was just diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder out of the blue, he was always such a calm, loving, caring, together, hard working man, and one day he just started an episode and it didn't stop, was thinking he was talking to god, talking super rapidly, crying for no reason, thinking he understands all about life and is enlightened, and unfortunately during his first psychotic break, he went from telling me on the phone "I love you so much baby you don't even understand" to smacking me across the face to trying to get me to go to this romantic pier with him which is our spot, to breaking up with me without any logical reason given whatsoever besides his nonsense ramblings about GOD and kicking me out of the house and shouting "Get the f**k out, just LEAVE!" with absolutely no empathy. He threatened to hurt himself the next day which ended up making his family call 911 and is now in the psych ward. He was just diagnosed and the docs are trying to find meds for him now but I am so emotionally drained, scared, alone, confused, lost, sad, and I think his family is starting to shut me out and I don't know what to do. It came out of nowhere, my completely sane calm, relaxed man just flipped a switch out of nowhere into a person I don't even know. I am so emotionally heartbroken, I thought I was going to marry this man, we were planning on moving out in our own apartment in a couple months and now everything is just so messed up. Please help.

Absolutely agree get out.... I've been beaten to a pulp and told my friends and the last court case I had the judge hadn't even read my case, it was a circus.....I never took photos when I was beaten up and swollen and sore.....but I did visit the doctor to see if I was reasonably ok, he is in and out of work regularly and does silly stuff all the time and is regularly abuses us mentally.....he has no respect for anyone....he is undiognosed even now......

my e will he come back to mex boyfriend got paroniod schizophrenia and I been with him 7 years and he kick me out the house after ever thing I done for him we been apart now for 3 years and only last year he not spoken to me he blocked me in every thing so I cant talk to him will he ever come back to me as I still love him so much I was told he is violence but he only been it with me ones