Hi, I am 32 years old male and I am in very specific situation. Several months ago I have met girl which I like at first sight. She told me that she had long relationship and that her ex boyfriend has problems. She also told me that she doesn't have anything with him but she is helping him to overcome that situation. I thought it may be normal and I accepted that situation. Unfortunately it’s been more that six months since than and she is spending regular time with her ex.

Hi, I guess it is very difficult situation for you. I suggest you to be very direct and opened with that girl. You have to tell you that she has to choose between you two because such situation doesn't make sense. I think it is the only right way o see if she wants to be with you.

My personal opinion is tell her that she is with you now... not him, and if she would rather spend time w/ him then you need to move on.. you cant have a good relationship w/ someone when they are with their ex all the time... it will tear you apart, even if she says nothing is going on or will ever go on... He can find someone else to help him with his problems. She needs to focus more on you and your relationship together and her future not her past.