my second toenail takes the shape of a hammer head.
i hate it can it be cosmetically corrected?

It sure can, but do you really want to spend lots of money for a surgery on your toenail? maybe you should accept it the way it is and learn to love it. It's only a toenail.

Hey there Ed,

since you are a man and you have a problem with the shape of your toenail than you can imagine how i am feeling because i am a woman and i have similar problem!
at first i wasn't noticing this but lately more and more my second and third toenails have started to look like mushrooms, i am sorry that i can't find a better description. anyhow, i have visited my doctor and he said that the cause of this condition are my shoes. i can't believe in this because i have been wearing similar shoes for years. he also said that my foot has probably grown a litlle bit biger and that this is the reason of my problem. 

i don't know is he right but today i am going to buy bigger shoes and i sincerely hope that this is going to help me.