i am new to this forum and have searched it out from desperation really - i have suffered daily with my stomach for over 10 yrs now - when my symptoms first got bad my doctor diagnosed IBS but since that was made it stays on your record as an excuse for doctors to ignore anything else i say. There was one occassion this year when i saw a GP who kept saying my problem was IBS even though i was telling her about changes in my habits etc and new pains. They look at your file, see IBS listed and just tell me to eat more fibre.

My problem varies all the time and just when i think i have it sorted something kicks it off again. Basically i am bloated almost all of the time, i can't lose weight even though i exercise regularly and walk 3 1/2 miles to work each morning - no matter what i eat i get pain, bloating, gas, constipation, feeling of being full of air, gulping sensation, blood in my stools, variations in the consistency of my stools, burning in my chest, headaches. Later i have found it hard to take the deep breaths i normally do to relax myself.

I can't eat foods rich in fibre, can't eat brown bread etc, all of the medicines/tablets designed for stomach problems make my symptoms worse. Fruit hurts me, vitamin supplements make me worse, i get a metallic taste in my mouth daily that tastes like blood.

I am desperate for advice on what it could be or what i can do to allevaite my pain - i stopped smoking 5 months ago and have cut down on alcohol but there is no change.

I have had an endoscopy to rule out an ulcer as they run in the family but nothing was found at the time - i feel trapped with this because whenever i see a GP they just say that the symptoms of IBS can vary and that this is all it is.

Can anyone help, please?

Hello! I don’t want to disappoint you but your doctors are right. IBS is the most annoying thing one can suffer from and you rarely get permanent relief.
My husband also suffers from IBS and he has been through numbers of treatments with his doctor. I think it is best to work with just one doctor who can follow your development and what is going on with you, how you react to different treatments and not see a lot of doctors who only read from the paper.
In the end, my husband had behavioral therapies and was put on antidepressants that may act as painkillers.
So, although it may seems so, you are not the only one who is going through such devastating symptoms and problems. The only way is to learn as much about it and try to control it or fight it or whatever suits you best.
I hope you will manage to solve some of your problems soon. Good luck!

Hi there,

I have some similar symptoms that you have, so I thought I'd put this out there. Have you been tested for mycoplasma penetrans? That's what I have. We are not sure if it is the cause of my stomach problems, but we've been treating it in the hopes it will help.

I relate to not being able to take the meds that are supposed to help heartburn. I use the prevacid soluable tablets because the casings of the regular capsules give me heartburn. If I have to take a capsule med, I ask the pharmacist if I can take the medication out of the capsule and take it mixed in applesauce. Also, any hard pills give me heartburn, even vitamins, so I take children's chewable vitamins. Hope this helps.

-sicktummy

I have a friend who suffered you exact issues. FINALLY they discovered Hep C from a sugery before they started checking blood for this. Hep C can reside completely undetected in your body for 15 year or more.
She also has a rare form of Lupis.
Make your doctor do a PET scan. They HATE to order these tests because they are very expensive. A PET scan checks for metabolic issues. It is very different than an MRI. If you have a metabolic problem, like enlarged liver or lupis, cancer.... it will high light the problem.
Since being diag'd, my friends life had gotten much better.

I'm suffering as well ,, I have symptoms in my stomach for the past 3 years and all the doctors I have seen told me its IBS , i'm just not convinced this is IBS and I think there is an underlying cause that is not organic" means is not accute or life thretening" yet its ultering mt life quality. I have done endoscopy,colonoscopy, MRI,CT scan, Xrays blood tests for all possible reasons all turned out just find , but I get pain in the upper right side of abdominal that leaves me exhausted and annoyed most of the time.
finally last week I went to a Dentist , thats right a Dentist who told me that all my suffering could be beacause of the amalgum filling I have in 11 teeth. when I went under some stress i started to grind my teeth while sleeping which causes abrasions in my teeth that causes Mercury to vapor and he told me that mercury is very bad to nerotransmitters in the brain which is also related to instines . I was happy to hear that and told him to change all the filling to composites if that what it takes I will spend my life savings on that to get my life quality back.
i will do that next week and keep you updated on my progress
:-) :-) :-)

I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS FOR OVER7 YEARS NOW. 12 DIFFERENT MEDICATIONS-2 SURGERIES WITH THE LAST ONE TAKING OUT HALF MY STOMACHE. STILL CANT EAT MANY FOODS W/OUT GETTING SICK-FEEL FULL ALL THE TIME AND NOW WHEN TAKE PILLS GET SPASMS THAT ARE DIBLITATING !!! WISH THERE WAS SUCH THING AS STOMACHE TRANSPLANTS, I HAVE ASKED, NO IT WILL PROBABALY NEVER HAPPEN. JUST KNOW YOUR NOT ALONE

hi, i am having the same issues currently, i have had stomach isssues since i was a baby, and now at 25 i am worse, since december i have been in and out of the hospital and had all of the generall test. they did find that i have what is called a fructose intolerance (malabsorption). they test this by doing a hydrogen breath test, and most people are diagnosed with IBS but really have this. and fructose is in mostly everything, so the diet is hard but works. but my issues have continued eventhough i am on the diet, i have lost 45 pound in 2 1/2 months, and am extremely weak. the doctors just take there time and don't understand i am sitting at home sick and knowing they are missing something! because of this i developed severe anxiety on top of everything else. anyway i hope the fructose info will help you out, it is a newly found disease by iowa university so there is not much research on it, but it is getting better and better. ask your doctor, and if he does not know, the cleveland clinic does!

Hey-
I have similar symptoms. Severe abdominal cramping that comes and goes. I am 26 and my first memory of this was when I was 16. In the past year it has gotten much much worse. recently, its been almost everyday. meanwhile, I have put on 15 pounds b/c I am hungry all the time.

Anyhow, I just cut out gluten. Its not easy, i love beer, pizza and pasta. However, I am symptom free. I am not hungry all the time.

I had similar problems for months with diarria and sharp pains. I eventually became afraid to eat because even oatmeal hurt. My doctor coulndn't figure it out and tried to say it was because of depression. I read an email about someone that had the same problems and discovered is was the aspertame in the diet coke they drank. I stoped using asperthame in my food and drinks and my stomach is doing much better.

It seems that more and more people are suffering from chronic stomache problems here in North America, where diseases like Hep c are supposed to be less common. I personally don't think our drinking water is as clean as they say...and If the worlds population is dealing with food shortages (which is becoming more evident in recent years) the obvious answer would be that our governments who control our water supplies have turned a blind eye to contamination and regulation issues in hopes that us little people become infected with nasty stomache ailments inorder to prevent us from eating so much. That way they can preserve the food resources for the elite.

I read an article about 2 years ago in the local newspaper that said the government was predicting that we would lose 2/3 of our worlds population by 2020 due to "globalization". ( When George Bush said they're gonna release biological weapons on us- he wasn't joking.)

I believe that those deaths of 2/3 our population will be due to stomache diseases effecting the liver and kidneys of everyday people. From my personal observation, this is the reality of the situation. So don't trust the medications, they are only killing people faster. Live for today , enjoy as much of life as you can, and start planning for the afterlife. We are all in this together, and the drugs that they are prescribing will only further harm your body and spirit. Unless you're a scientist,... they not only don't want to feed us, but now they are hoping we will all agree to lethal injection! This is how they intend to clean up the aftermath of what they have already done!
So do your best to live with your pain, know that wrong has been committed against you, and believe strongly in the promise land. The doctors are just as dumbfounded about it as the rest of us, people are being misdiagnosed, and the media is completely overlooking it. So bottom line is...trust your gut!

Hi
I also have most of the symptoms which you have. I have been diagnosed with gastritis and am on medication for that for the next 3 months. I have had stomach problems for as long as I can remember - I'm now 24 years old. I suffer constantly from nausea, the only way I find to alleviate the nausea is to eat dry crackers!
Lately I have the strangest complaint of all though. What happens is I am insanely hungry for a whole day - No matter what I eat it doesn't satisfy the hunger. But each day that this happens I suffer from very bad diarrhea and excrutiating stomach pain in the evening - usually around 7 or 8pm. Has anyone else experienced this? I am considering a stomach or bowel scan but am not sure which route to take.

I've had a similar problem and i think it is because of heavy metals in the body.
The only way (which i did) is to take Lifestream Spirulina.It really helped me a lot!
But remember u take it a few times a week and to drink lots of water...also diet
control is important. Try liquid foods such as Soup, Juice, Mashed Potato, Low Fat
Vanilla Ice-cream, smoothies and milkshakes. I am on this diet and i am getting better
and losing weight. So give it a shot!!