Hi, I am 26 years old mother and my baby is almost two years old. I have polished her nails several times till now but I heard from my very good friend it may be dangerous for her as polishers contain some ingredients and chemicals which may be very dangerous for my daughter. I would like to hear other people's opinion?

Hi, your friend is quite right as nail polishers contain substances which may be very toxic and you know that babies are putting their fingers in the nose and mouth almost constantly. However there are some firms which make safe polishers but it is hard to say if they are absolutely safe. My suggestion is to avoid polishing nails of your daughter and don't take any risks.

your girl is definitely bigger now :) but your doubts about weather nail polish is safe for girls this young definitely are still in place mainly because there are major issues with nail polishes themselves - they all must contain some potentially dangerous chemicals and those chemicals are still not 100 percent proven to be safe even for older girls and women. As piper said, there are some brands that claim to produce natural and non-toxic nail polishes safe even for children, but really the main question is - is it all worth the risk? I know you can't completely ban nail polish to a girl, but you should at least attempt to minimize the potential damage by limiting the use of polish and by choosing the brands that are more appropriate for kids.