Here's my current routine for speedwork...

1 mi. warm up
.5 mi. @ 10 MPH (in theory) x 6
with .5 mi. recovery @ 8 min./mi.

Each week, I'd speed up two repeats until all 6 are at the same pace.

Example (warm up and recovery eliminated for clarity)::
week 2
.5 mi. @ 10 MPH x 4
.5 mi. @ 10.1 MPH x 2

week 3
.5 mi. @ 10 MPH x 2
.5 mi. @ 10.1 MPH x 4

week 4
.5 mi. @ 10.1 MPH x 6

Week 5
.5 mi. @ 10.1 MPH x 4
.5 mi. @ 10.2 MPH x 2

See the pattern? Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

where are you going to? Kind of knowing a little of where you are at....I wouldn't go beyond 10.2 as it is already faster than your 5k race pace. If this is your speedwork, I'm assuming that you are taking a good amount of recovery between. I think it looks like a pretty good workout. Just moniter how it affects your other key workout (tempo/threshold) every week as you "bump" upl

I'd probably put on at least 1.5 miles for the cooldown though.

Intervals on a treadmill are always a trick. On a track you don't have to worry about picking an exact pace in advance. This allows you to use the much prefered method of just seeing how much faster you can do them from one week to the next. Some weeks you might not improve at all or even slow down, when other weeks you might knock 5 second or more off each 1/2 mile. Generally the times will move down, but it is tough to predict exactly.

If you have to do them on a treadmill, your technique seems fine, although I would expect a little more improvement than your schedule shows. You have yourself making a 3.5 second per mile improvement in 3 weeks. Unless you are really pushing your limit, I would expect that much improvement every week. That means most weeks you could probably move the pace down 0.1 mpw for all 6 repeats.

One other comment is your recoveries look a bit long. Your recovery pace is relatively fast, so this means the two cancel each other out a bit. However, I would be inclined to do more like a .25 recovery at 9 minute mile pace instead to cut the recovery from 4:00 to 2:15. For 5K's you can argue the benefits of either shorter or longer recoveries, but especially for 10K and up keeping the recoveries a little shorter even if that means the fast repeats are slower is usually a positive tradeoff.