Premature ejaculation is one of the most common sexual problems in men. It is even more common than erectile dysfunction. However, the problem is not discussed enough and many men have troubles admitting they had the problem.
Researches have designed an antidepressant drug to treat specifically premature ejaculation. Two large trials have proven its efficiency and safety but side effects are still common. This is one of the main reasons, the drug won’t be approved in the US.

The drug, named dapoxetine, is a short-acting selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). These types of drugs are used in treatment of depression and other psychiatric disorders but are also used "off-label" as a treatment for premature ejaculation. One of the SSRI’s side effects is delaying ejaculations.

Dapoxetine is the first drug designed specifically for treating premature ejaculations. It gave patients an ability to control ejaculations and it lengthened ejaculation time, which was satisfying for both partners.
In the study, participants were told to take the drug around three hours before the intercourse took place. After twelve weeks of taking the drug, the men that received a 30-milligram dose managed to increased their time to ejaculation to 2.78 minutes, men who took a 60-milligram dose increased the time to 3.32 minutes comparing to the one minute it took them to ejaculate before starting the treatment. The placebo group extended their time up to 1.75 minutes.

The drug is being released in Europe but the experts doubt it will reach the US market due to its potential side effects like nausea, headache, upset stomach and weakness.

Hello there. I have heard about this, but I haven't tried it. I mean, I didn't need it, thank God. Anyway, I have heard that this is one of the best premature ejaculation treatment, so if you are really dealing with it, you should talk to your urologist and ask him to prescribe this medicine for you. Actually, this medicine, a Dapoxetine, is a totally new antidepressant that is really safe and effective, which is the most important thing. There are a lot of researchers that are the best indicators about this I agree about this one, about side - effects, there has to be some. But I am sure that once you get used to it, you will be just fine.