A friend of mine told me that he is experiencing problems with premature ejaculation because he was masturbating too much. I have always thought that masturbation is harmless. How is it possible that my friend suffers from premature ejaculation then?

Just like you, I am not so sure that the reason to your friend’s problem is masturbation. Who told him that? Did he realize this on his own?
I think he should visit a urologist and see if everything was in order with his health and not blame the good old masturbations for his problems.

When I had problems with this, my friends told me that I should stop masturbating because that is one of the most important premature ejaculation prevention methods. I would not agree with it because I have tried. I didn't masturbate for two weeks I think and when I wanted to have intercourse with my GF - boom! I pushed and pulled twice and that was it. I never felt more shame than then! So, according to my experience, you need to dig deeper to find the real reason for this. In my case, it seems that it was too much of the excitement when I was about to have an intercourse. That is why I finished that fast. Maybe the same thing happens to your friend, maybe it is something different. But to find out why this happens, he needs to try harder...

%-) well i dont agree with the fact that masterbation has nothing to do with premature ejaculation.i have read a lot and experienced myself and by views of friends that masterbaion really weakens the srength of penis and it makes the sensory receptors of your penis very much exited and so premature ejaculation is the result. plus while love making the friction is natural in vagina and one does not have the sense of guilt which one feels after rubbing ur penis with hand

so what's the cure of this

Many men suffer from PE. From what I've read, it's a psychological problem brought on from childhood experience. This is mainly due to the fact of "making it quick so you're not caught". This translates to embarrassing PE situations as an adult.

Here are some options you can try to prolong your erection:

- Practice the "hold and release" method. This is where you stop masturbating just before you come and hold it back. Then begin again. Repeat 3-4 times.

- If you know you will engage in sexual activity, masturbate before the meeting as coming the second time around usually takes longer. Try a to desensitize your penis using a product called "Mandalay" or something comparable available at your local sex shop (behind the counter).

- See your urologist about Viagra. It's not a cure, but it works.

- See a psychiatrist. As this is a mental issue, they can sometimes help with helping you control.

Good luck.

UO

Yes, it can. I know personally. But masterbation can also lengthen your ejaculation time. Let me explain. If you habitually "rush" to climax when you masterbate, you are training yourself to ejaculate prematurely. Many men do they so they can orgasm faster because of pleasure or without being detected. The good news is you CAN reverse it but masterbating and stopping before ejaculation repeatidly and learning to congrol it.

Well I'm not really sure that there is a real connection between masturbation and premature ejaculation. But controlling is another thing. Like everything that you do in sex you need to have control of not ejaculating to early. This way there is a big possibility that you will not satisfy your partner. It is crucial for you to know when you need to stop and wait for few seconds and then continue. It is not easy to be a great lover.

Guest's post actually makes a lot of sense and I think it's good that it was posted here. When you masturbate, you can actually train your body into reacting a number of different ways during sex, and if you fall into a habit, then you can actually train yourself to orgasm only in a certain way. It's strange, I know, but it makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Keep us posted on how it goes for you.

He trained himself to climx to fast. But many young adults suffer from this. The solution is quite simple, he just need to rewire again. It shouldn't take no longer than a week. This is is a good help for him

This works. I've tried it since i found out about it - years ago - and ever since i've had relatively normal length sexual sessions (then again who's to say any length of time in normal, people last longer, people last lesser). The only problem with "too" much masturbating is you can get a feel for how you do it too much, and when it comes to other people trying it, it doesn't give the same desired affect. If you try this method, regulate yourself with the amount of times you masturbate.

I used to masturbate quite a lot when i was younger - i'm 21 now - because it was a new and exciting thing to do. But because of so many years of doing it, and I only lost my virginity when i was 19 i've got an issue me and my friend refer to loosely as "nerd syndrome" where you can actually find it difficult to reach orgasm at all.

Masterbation can be the reason for premature ejaculation, in fact it is bad masterbation habits which effect many men. However masterbation can also be the cure for PE, if you masterbate and stop yourself just before you come that will help your body hold back during intercourse.

Here's a site that explains in more detail

Sometimes men can get very used to cuming quickly during masturbation but you can train yourself to last longer
during your mastubation times

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

This will happen if you force yourself to come as fast as possible while masturbating over a long period of time. Usually because the orgasm is desired or because you don't want to get caught. This will lead to pre ejaculation with your sex partner. This is what happened to me and it is a major problem. I hear you can reverse it if you try to last as long as possible when masturbating. But the process has been slow.

Royyu wrote:

so what's the cure of this

hey masturbation has nothing to do with premature ejaculation in fact it is more safest way to satisfy your sexual desire without harming anybody, it increases the blood flow and makes you tired and u sweat sometimes as well. Doctors say that having sex is some sort of doing exercise which makes your heart to beat faster and relax your mind. If this is a fact i do not think masturbation is harmful. Premature ejaculation occurs if you do not perform foreplay with your partner, if you are really tensed at that moment The only way to postpone premature ejaculation is by increasing your foreplay time.

Your ejaculation system is made up of a set of muscles, nerves and glands. The reason why you are suffering from premature ejaculation is because your ejaculatory system is wired to ejaculate fast. With proper training, you can make your ejaculatory muscles and gland stronger, allowing you to avoid premature ejaculation last longer during lovemaking. Just like other muscles of your body, it can be trained.
See here: http://www.pearlyhomeremedy.com/2011/09/how-to-avoid-premature-ejaculation.html

Hope it useful
Thanks!