I am a 46 male, 5'11 and 225 lbs. I want to start jogging. I am looking for a good running shoe that would allow me to jog 10-15km's. Which shoe would anyone recommend, excluding Rebok shoes because they are too narrow? (I also excerise 2-3 times a week at a gym).

Any input would be great.

Do you know what type of runner you are? Neutral, Overpronate, suplinate? That info will help select a good shoe for ya.

You can try going to a running specific store in your area and ask for some help. They'll be able to recommend a good pair of shoes that should work well for you. Also, most local running stores will allow you to run in the shoes and return them if they do not fit well, or cause discomfort.

Just based on two things... big guy and wide feet, probably the heralded brand for you would be New Balance. Check out your local running store and have them take a look at your running gait and they'll be able to tell you which model of New Balance would work best.
G'luck and keep us informed on how it goes.

It's hard to recommend a certain brand or type of shoes without know what type of runner you are. You will first need to do that then that will help you determine what type of shoes to get. But if possible, try to take the shoes for a test run before you get them and so that you don't get stuck with shoes that make your feet feel like they're on fire!

Choose the Right Pair of Running Shoes

Before choosing your running shoes it is always best to find out your foot type. This will help you to eliminate higher risk of injury and help you to get better results from running. It may suit you best to go to your local running shoes specialist or you can preform your own wet test to find out what type of arch you have.

Looking for the best running shoes around? The best shoe is different for each rider, depending on their foot type and needs. What is best for a second space may be the worst for another. So, there are certain criteria you need to watch when you look at the best shoes for running.

brooks running shoes is good shoes for running for me...I recommend it..:D

I have super wide feet and new balance work great for me. Nike are a little too narrow depending on the shoe. I've had my new balance shoes for 4 years. I obviously don't run as much as others but I do use them at least twice a week now and 4 times a week before

^^^^ Agreed..