My ultra-sound showed gall stones. The Hydascan showed non-functioning gall bladder. How soon does the gall bladder have to come out and would I been a canidate for laproscopic surgery? There are alot of stones but the technician did not tell me their size. Thanks for your help.

I went to the ER on 2/9 in extreme pain, my blood pressure and heart rate were so high that they immediately put me in a room without having me complete paperwork. That was scary, my levels were high because of the extreme pain I was in....I had an unltrasound which showed I had gallstones, they gave me some codeine for the pain and I went home. I saw my doctor that following Monday, had a hydascan on Tuesday which showed it was not funtioning properly, on Wednesday I saw the doc who would perform the surgery and on Friday I had my gall bladder removed. According to my regular doc and the surgeon the surgery is very very common. I was in pain for about 1 1/2 weeks and then back to normal! I love it! No more pain!!!!!!! Best of luck to you!

There are some medications for stones in gall bladder . Ask yor gp for that.