After riding up-hill I have this severe pain in my knee area. What can that be? I’m not an experienced cyclist but I think that I’m fit and I’m not out of condition. I’ve never had leg problems, even when I run. Can you tell me several potential reasons for the knee pain in order to check them and rule them out?

Maybe you haven’t picked the right speed because there are some adjustments to be made when you are riding up a hill. If you fail to do that, your legs are under a lot of pressure and the pain occurs. Besides, maybe it’s a sports injury. Inappropriate pedals can also be one of the causes. If you have a specialized sports store in your town, go there and ask their advice for the quality pedals. Another option is that your seat is too low or too high. That is one of the most important causes for various knee and leg problems during cycling. Anyway a medical check-up would be a great idea, also.