What could be the reason for this annoying pain I’ve got just behind the left knee? I’m an amateur runner and I don’t cover extreme distances. This is something that happens to me from time to time regardless of the length of my training. It’s not like a cramp, but more like a dull pain. Can it be something that doesn’t have anything to do with running?

Of course it can! Maybe you’ve injured your leg sometime before and forgot about it. And when you run you only initiate the process and the pain appears. Maybe you should have your veins checked because sometimes dull pain behind a knee can be symptom for a certain vein problem that should be taken care of. There are special socks and stockings that are worn by people with problematic veins. Don’t hesitate to discover what the cause of this problem is because the earlier you find out, the better your chances to overcome it are. Generally speaking, those vein problems are rarely the effect of running or similar sports activities, but if you’re a smoker, your chances to start suffering from that increase.