Hey I'm 15 and I'm starting to hit puberty in the last few days my right nut has been sore but only when running and walking and when you push on it a lot the pain in some times in the groin I have felt for lumps but didn't feel anything....is this a part of puberty or what?

Hey Guest,

I'll get personal with you, I'm 18 and I was having issues in early November of last year. The pain went on for about 3 to 4 weeks and I started to get really worried.. could it be cancer, a torsion (when the testes twist around each other), and STD, or something else. I read somewhere that if you have pain, that's a good sign. If there's no lumps and pain that usually rules out cancer.

However, I ended up going to the ER one night because the pain and the mental strain were both just too much. They gave me an ultrasound and couldn't find anything wrong except that my epididymis was a little swollen. The epididymis sort of attaches to the back of the testicle. When it is swollen like this it is called epididymitis. They gave me a shot of antibiotic and two pills and I was on my way. It took about a week but the pain cleared up! Try not to worry too much.. that was my downfall. If it goes on for another week or so I would suggest going to see your general physician just to be sure.

Edit: I was having the same symptoms.. pain in the groin and testicle while running or walking (I'm a jogger).. even sitting too.

Hope this helps!

Yea I'm also sick with a sinus infection I don't know If that has anything to do with it i doubt it....I also worry more than I should which probably makes it worse but if I'm casually walking or sitting there is no pain...I prob going to just go to doctor soon so I can quit worrying about

That's probably your best bet. It'll help put your mind at ease. It could be a number of things.. but most likely nothing severe. The doctor will probably do some type of screening (or send you to an imaging specialist) to see what is going on. Good luck!