Hello! I am 37 years old and I have a medical problem. I have not visited doctor yet, because I want to check with you is there any need for visiting. My armpit is painful without noticeably swollen lymph nodes. I noticed this yesterday. So, I am wondering is this some serious condition and should I visit my doctor or it will just pass after some time. Thanks!

Hello! Well, I think that you have either with ingrown hair or blocked follicles problem. This may occur if you are shaving your armpit or if you waxing it. I think that swollen lymph node will appear today or tomorrow. If this problem does not pass after few days, then you will need to visit your doctor whom will diagnose what cause of this problem is.

It is definitely problem with the waxing or shaving. And if you have some rash or maybe even some pimples than this is definitely problem with your skin be too sensitive and you are too rough while shaving it or waxing it. Sometimes it is even the consequence of not using any product when you are shaving your armpit. I understand that sometimes we are in a hurry and that you don’t have time to put shaving foam or some other product but instead you are shaving your armpit directly.

This can cause some serious problems and pain. It is best to shave your armpit while you are in the shower because thus way you won’t forget to shave and to use certain products which will help not to irritate your skin.