Hello! I want to know what do swollen lymph nodes look and feel like. I think that I have one in armpit and I do not know why it is appeared there. It will be very helpful for me to explain me this, because I am not some kind of expert in medicine field. A friend of mine told me that you probably can help me with this. Thank you in advance!

Hello! I can tell you that swollen lymph nodes can be from pea size up to golf ball size. They can be sore or not; hard or not; fixed or not. They can be caused because of many reasons, but usually they are caused by some infection. Anyway, you will need to visit your doctor regarding this problem, because after some tests you will know or sure what caused them.

Swollen lymph nodes can be very frightening thing but they only swell when your boy is in danger and if you have some kind of infection. Infection can be viral or bacterial and even fungal. There is whole system of lymph nodes in our body and depending on the part of the body that has been attacked your lymph nodes there will get swollen. They usually appear as a lump under skin that can be sensitive when pressure is put on them. You might even feel pain but usually this is just unpleasant sensitive feeling. Have you had any problems with the armpit earlier? Maybe you have hair follicle infection or something similar.

All the best