Hello my name is dawn ! so i have a huge problem, im 16 and i have had abdominal pain for a year now. it maybe went away for a month in that year, but was still there but just not as bad. Its been ruining my life im not wanting to get out of bed and has caused me to start living my life differently, and i failed all my grade 11 classes because i could not sit at school anymore and take the pain. sometimes if i run SUPER hot baths and take 3 ibeprofins it helps for half an hour or so. it always feels inflamed. and hurts when i pee. ive seen my doctor multiple times over and over again, we have done all std tests, blood tests, i have had an ultrasound and they can never find anything ive had a series of 10 pap tests in this year, been to the hospital over 20 times, and they cant find anything. im currently waiting to see a specialest but its taking really long. and i came across this site to see if anyone has the same problem and they are the same age. im starting to get really depressed cause i cant live my life normally having to pee every 20 minutes and it hurting. i also get sharp pains in my bladder too. i have had really bad kidney infections before and got alot of bladder infections and yeast infections. i have been on anti biotics sooo many times and none have made a difference, im in so much pain. please help please ask me questions ill answer anything. and i always have the urge to pee its like a really bad bladder infection going on for over a year now. :'(

i really need help, ill answer any questions you have

please comment with feed back

sincerely : dawn.

I have interstitial cystitis (chronic inflammation of the bladder wall) and the symptoms are the same as your description. Though there is no cure, there is relief. There are dietary changes that help greatly, medications and the one that worked best for me, bladder hydrodistention - outpatient procedure that expands the bladder and disrupts the neurologist signals of pain. I had to have this done twice in the 1st year after diagnosis & not since. Now, when I feel the tell-tale signs, I adjust my diet and drink more water.

There is hope, there is freedom from pain. Good job reaching out.

Thanks, how did you find out you have this ? did you have to go to a specialest? and its what i think i have because it feels like it is always inflamed i find it i drink TONS of water and pee every 10 minutes there is some relief