I occasionally notice small pimple-like bumps on my scrotum (which I assume are just inflamed follicles), and have squeezed them to the point of popping before with no noticeable problems afterward. After popping one the other night however, I awoke to notice that a small area of my scrotum had grown lumpy and firm. The skin is not discoloured and is not painful, even when squeezed. However, it's quite close to the base of my penis and causes my scrotum to stick out on one side, which looks ugly. I'm planning to see a doc in the next few days if nothing changes, but can anyone give me an idea of what it likely is, and what I'm in for if I choose to have something done about it?

its sounds like my problem

Please people, don't respond if you are only going to say "I think you need to see a doctor". we already know THIS !!!! We are looking online first instead of going to the doctor. Thank you.