Yesterday while I was in the shower I noticed a couple of big bumps, nodes on my scrotum. They are positioned near the bases of the hair, their color varies from white to yellow, I tried squeezing them to see if anything comes out and I was able to squeeze some pus like liquid out of some of them, others are firm and hurt if I try to squeeze them out. What could those bumps be and how do I get rid of them?

There could be many causes of changes on the scrotal skin, everything from a simple fungal infection to syphilis. What you described looks to me like a few of inflamed sebaceous glands. If the tubes which are used to excrete the secretions of these glands are blocked the secretions are accumulated inside the glands and that can cause infection and inflammation as the time goes by. Try washing your scrotum with warm salty water, that should help clear out the glands and the inflammation and the bumps should disappear within a week, if that doesn’t happen consult your physician for further treatment.

Oh My gosh you guys both saved me I have had those bumps for years

and had no clue what they were.I was so scared wow you guys took a huge load off my shoulders.I have had those since I was 13 years old and thought I had a std even though I was a virgin. I washed up with salt water And I could tell a big difference already the bumps began to disappear.Awe

Thankyou so much.I was so afraid to tell anyone about it.

u saved me

Oh my god, I can't believe someone else has those!! They've been such an embarrassment to me, I'm relieved to hear a solution. All my urologist said was they were some kind of fat deposits and that they weren't harmful. Load of help he did...

fair play i had them to and the doctors said the exact same thing to me, nothing they can do to get rid of them. They dont look that great to women i can tell you lets hope the salt water thing works!

hey i have the same probaem than u guys and have been using the salt water treatment for a week and a half and have been seeing no change....do i rise afterwards? wash off? use soap? how exactly do you guys do it?

omg ive had em since i was 13 as well ill try this salt water treatment . its been such an embarrassment hope this works please wish me luck.

Wow you guys mine are small and not incredibly noticable but there are a lot of them, im 16, ill try this, thanks a lott.

Lumps and bumps on the penis that are normal
Pearly penile papules are small lumps, about 1–2 mm across. They look like pimples and are all roughly the same size and shape. They are in a row around the margin of the head of the penis, and can be seen when the foreskin is pulled back. In some men they are hardly visible at all, and in others they are quite noticeable. They usually develop in the teens. People often worry that they are warts or an infection, and pick or squeeze them. In fact they are perfectly normal tiny glands. Leave them alone!

Lymphocele. This is a hard swelling that suddenly appears after sexual intercourse or masturbation. It is usually on the shaft of the penis, near the foreskin. It is caused by temporary blockage of the lymphatic channels at the margin of the head of the penis. It will go away on its own, and there are no after-effects.

Lumps and bumps on the penis that are not normal
Genital warts are very common and are caused by a virus. More information about genital warts can be found in the genital infections section.

Molluscum (correct name molluscum contagiosum) are pinkish-white round lumps, each about 1–5 mm in diameter, which are caused by a virus. More in formation about molluscum can be found in the genital infections section.

Lichen nitidus consists of tiny, shiny, flat-topped, flesh-coloured pimples, which are difficult to distinguish from warts. The pimples are usually seen on the shaft of the penis and their cause is a mystery. They may remain the same for years, or may disappear of their own accord. They do not usually need any treatment.

Sores (ulcers) on the glans may be due to genital herpes, an infection caused by a virus, or less commonly the ulcer may be a special form of skin cancer. If an ulcer or ulcers develop, you should consult your doctor without too much delay.

Lumps on the scrotum that are normal
Chicken-skin scrotum. It is normal for the skin of the scrotum to look like the skin of a plucked chicken. This is because the hair follicles on the scrotum are quite far apart and prominent, while the hairs themselves may not be very obvious.

Sebaceous cysts are swollen, blocked grease glands that look like yellowish pimples. They often occur on the skin of the scrotum, and there may be a dozen or more. The skin contains millions of glands that make grease to keep the skin waterproof and in good condition. The openings of these glands easily become blocked, so they become distended with grease. For some reason, the skin of the scrotum seems particularly susceptible to this problem. They are harmless, but if they become infected (red and sore) or you do not like the look of them, a genitourinary clinic will be able to treat them.

Angiokeratoma of Fordyce are tiny, bright-red blood-blisters. They usually occur on the scrotum, and there may be lots of them. They are quite common in the late teens, and are normal. Their only problem is that they can be itchy, and may bleed if you scratch them.

Thank you for putting a seriouse medical reply on this issue, has saved me much embarresment of going to the NHS walk in centre and getting consulted >.<

I've got the same problem

I've been embaressed for years, I've turned down sex because I was embaressed of them. :/

I just hope the salt water thing works.

thank god for that i had em to, pheww was finkin what the f**k are dese haha, aww man thats a load off me sholders x

Thank god i was getting worried it has been like a year and they were getting kind of bad. I am glad i know how to fix the woman was kind of curious about them . but now i can explain thank you

hi, just a question...um, what exactly happens when you rinse with salt water? i mean, why does that help? why salt water?? thx.