Hi, I am seven months pregnant. There has been nothing wrong with my pregnancy until the last few days. That is when I have started experiencing strong pelvic pain. The pain is not continuous, but sort of a short stabbing pain. I have to see my OB tomorrow. Is this kind of pain normal or should I talk to my doctor about it?

Hi, pain in pelvic region in late pregnancy might be caused by several things. First of all, your baby might be moving and getting in the position for birth. This means that your baby's head is pressuring your pelvic region and causing pain. Another reason might be the hormone that our body produces during pregnancy, especially at its very end. This hormone causes the pelvic bones and joints to soften and stretch in order for you to have a normal delivery. It is normal that this process can cause pain. Beside these two examples there are many other things that might be the cause of pelvic pain in pregnancy. I believe that the best thing is for you to talk to your OB tomorrow and explain the symptoms you are experiencing. After all, he is the person most familiar with your pregnancy so far, so I am sure that he will know the right cause of your pelvic pain.

definately speak to your doctor about it, i had pelvic pains in my last 2 months of pregnancy and found out it was a condition called spd. if you type this into google you will find everything you need to know about it. it can get worse early hours in the morning when needing to get up and go to the toilet. if you do have this condition your doctor may suggest a support belt, :-)