Hello! I am 22 years old male and I have a problem. I have swollen glands in the pelvic region for over two weeks now. They are slightly tender to touch. I don’t have any other strange symptoms. Any ideas about what this could be? Thx!

You have no idea on how many possible causes I have ran into when I was searching the net for the same reason. Possible conditions range from sexually transmitted disease to different infections. I got so scared that I went running to a doc. It could be just a simple inflammation but it could be syphilis as well. And you wouldn’t want to wait long to discover the syphilis, trust me mate!

Swollen lymph nodes in the pelvic area can be caused by several reasons. The most common reason is ingrown hair. I know that this might sound unlikely but when you have ingrown hair you have a small infection under the skin. And lymph nodes are very sensitive to infection. In fact this is the main reason why they get swollen in the first place. My suggestion would be to check your pelvic area for ingrown hairs. And if you notice any try to clean it from infections. You will see than in day or two your lymph nodes should get back to normal size and they will stop being tender.
I hope this helped you a bit.