First off, I have never ever been late on my period without a probable cause (ie pregnancy/breastfeeding). I have a regular period that falls around the same day of the month. I am now 10 days late but have been spotting for about a week. Nothing too big, not enough spotting to even wear a panty liner. The spotting is mostly brownish, like old blood. I took a pregnancy test 7 days after my period should have started and it was negetive. A lot of the times when I do start my period, I spot like I am now for a few days before it's a full blown period but I have been spotting for about 6 days now and nothing has come of it. My spotting is only a few times a day when I wipe after using the bathroom, but not every time. My husband and I use condoms or the pull out method for birth control. I haven't contacted my doctor yet, because I am waiting to see if the spotting turns into a period. Any one been through this? Have an idea what is going on? Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Hello! Since your post dates from 4th March, I wonder if you have got your period already? If not, I believe you should retake the pregnancy test, as now it’s the right time for the most accurate result. Have you felt some other early pregnancy symptoms? If not, I believe the late period could be the result of some trauma or some hard times you’ve been through lately. Have you been under stress the past month? You know, when I catch even the slightest cold, my period is delayed for like about a week, it is really driving me crazy as I never know what to expect and how to behave. Sometimes I get my period even a few days earlier than expected, all that because I am under stress or I have a cold. Have you had some virosis or maybe you got some STD. You keep your eye on this idea as the spotting could occur before some sexually transmitted diseases!
Well, what I would suggest you is to take the test once again, but if you still haven’t got your period it’s the most obvious that your pregnant as it has already passed 16 days from the time you should have got it. Keep me noted about what is going on, ok?

yes I am going through the same thing.. yesterday was suppose to be my period and that's when the spotting occured and now I am still spotting today and I haven't had a flow yet. this spotting has been accompanied by cramps and backaches like my period is on.

Ok I had my last period 10 days ago, and now I just spotted a little blood and it stopped. What does that mean?

I had the same thing :) Only my period (never late, comes on exactly 4 weeks) was one week late (on 5th week I got it and lasted about three days). Several days after it finished I noticed some spotting light-red very light, for two days..

Since I had already my period I thought it is clear I am not pregnant, but maybe I am? Please reply..

Hi :) I had similar situation, my period alsways comes on 4 weeks (28 days), last time it was one week late - got it on 5th week (35 days) and after it finished (loooked normal to me, painful, heavy), I alos had spotting in bright reddish-pinkish, which happened few days after my period had stopped, and the spotting lasted 2 days (only when I wiped leaving the toillette).

Does this say somthing? I excluded any pregnancy as I had my period, but altogether is it a different picture with the spotting? Is there a chance I am pregnant?

Thank you.. Tell me what your results were. Good luck!!!

same for me, and I'm on BC. So I'm not sure what is going on!! :?

I had the same thing as all of you was late on my period, by a week then started was a normal period lasted 4 days then about 4 days after it was done i started to spot for 2 days this is not normal for me iam never late and i never spot after a period is done. I just took a pregnancy test 2 of them and they are both positive.....weird!!! But i hope i really am!!!!