Hello, folks. My father has been diagnosed with periodontitis. I am afraid that he might lose his teeth. I have heard something like this is possible. What do you know about this? Would you agree? I would gladly hear out what you have to say about this. Thank you in advance.

Hello to you too. Periodontitis can bring some complications. The teeth loss can be one of them. You haven’t mentioned if your father has already lost one of his teeth. Periodontitis is one of the most common causes. That is why I recommend your father to discuss the details with his dentist. He must consider some of the treatment options. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with all this. Bye!

Really? OMG, I really believed that this is totally harmless and that this can't harm you in this way. I mean, I really believed that bleeding gums treatment is something that will chase this ugly problem away.

I know that some oral disease can cause this, but I never believed that this can happen to me. I mean, I don't brush my teeth all the time, sometimes I forget, sometimes I am too lazy to do that. Is that really means that I should brush my teeth LITERALLY after every meal? 

Is it too late for me to start now?