Hello. I have one new information to share with you. I have a cat! :) Yes, this small, cute kitty from the shelter is now mine. I know that this is a huge step for me, because I am really scared. I don’t know will I be able to take care of my Boo and this kitty – Starla is her name :) So far, she is having nice time with my Boo, she is still a little bit scared and depressive, but not that much. We went to see the vet today, and she is one healthy, little creature :) Oral health and dental care is really important as well, so I need to ask you do you have any advice on how to clean her teeth properly?

I am happy for having her in my life. And, it is not temporarily. I will definitely keep her. But, I need to tell this to my boyfriend :)

Hello. Well that’s not complicated at all. The most important thing is to clean your cat’s teeth regularly. 

The appropriate brush can be found in almost every pet shop. Just make sure that the brush is not too hard (cause you can end up hurting your cat’s gum)  or too soft (cause it won’t clean your cat’s teeth well).

Be patient with your cat while cleaning her teeth. Cats are sometimes reluctant when it comes to teeth  cleaning. But don’t worry. They usually get used to it pretty fast. 

And of course, you will need fluorine free toothpaste, specially made for cats.

Hey. I am so glad that you gave this kitty a home. I am sure that she will be happy, and I know that you will be happy as well. I am glad that your Boo accepted new family member :) It is not hard to clean your cat’s teeth properly. You can clean them with your hand or with some good toothbrush. Ask for advice someone in the pet shop, but I am sure that they will give you some soft toothbrush and some good toothpaste, with some natural ingredient for kittens. You can also use dental sponge instead of cleaning your cat’s teeth with toothbrush. 

Hello everyone. Thank you. I came back to ask you one more thing, and I saw that dog whisperer told me something about this. I went to the pet shop today, and boy told me that I should try with gaze first. He told me that this can be one of the best ways for the kittens, before I start to use toothbrush. I have to say that I don’t know what to think. Why gaze? I am a little bit skeptical will this be good enough for my kitty’s oral care? Please, help me to figure out is this good thing or not.

Thanks in advance :)

Yeah you can definitely use gauze. No need to be skeptical. :) I think that toothbrush is a better option, but gauze will do to. ;) 

Cats can sometimes have very sensitive gums and toothbrushes can irritate it, no matter how soft they are. In that case it is recommended not to use brush. 

And as for the kittens, their gum is very sensitive so I would recommend you to use gauze. 

You can buy the brush cause you will be needing it later on, but for now gauze is fine. 

And it is good enough, especially for kittens. Don’t worry.

Yeah I agree. Just keep in mind that if you decide to use gauze, it needs to be sterile before you wrap it around your finger and start cleaning the teeth.

You can also use dental sponge or a pad.

Last time I went to the pet shop I saw they sell these things they call ‘’dental wipes’’. I assume that’s also for cats whose gums are too sensitive for a brush.

They are pretty cheap and I think they consist some ingredients that are very good for cats’ teeth.

That’s what the seller told someone who was interested to buy them.